Forums

Topic: Rank the best 3D effect in your collection 2019

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

3DEnthusiast

Unfortunately, This year seems to be the last year that Nintendo would support the 3DS. After this year Nintendo will have only switch and switch mini devices. It is really sad to see that most people didn’t use 3D effect of the 3DS, due to the lack of understanding what 3D Stereoscopic effect really mean. Which made this feature the most underrated feature in gaming history!!! So I want to recognize 3DS main feature the 3D effect. Below is my list of the best 3D effect games and apps on the 3DS:

1. Swap Doodle (It has both background depth in effect and text/badge pop out effect simultaneously)
2. Zombie Slayer Diox (It only has pop out effect, but layers looks amazing popping outside feels like magic)
3. Super Mario 3D Land (has both depth in and pop out effects , however I mostly like pop out effect that happens mostly in top down view levels).
4. Shantae and the pirate curse (Depth in effect in background and pop out for character art dialogue)
5. Luigi Mansion Dark Moon (The best depth in effect by far feels like luigi walking in a diorama, pop out effect rarely seen when ghosts get away from the background and get close to screen they pop out)
6. Street Fighter 3D (both depth in and pop out effects, however the pop out effect is not too far outside the screen)
7. Urban Trial FreeStyle 2 (both depth in and pop out effect, although it is mostly depth in effect)
8. 80’s OverDrive (Only depth in effect, however it look very nice in this game)
9. Flipnote Studio 3D (Both depth in and pop out effects, However the pop out effect is too short it feel it didn’t pop out)
10. Luigi Mansion Remake (Only depth in effect, However since the game too dark the effect has been ruined with seeing double images)
11. Resident Evil Revelation(Only depth in effect and again like Luigi Mansion Remake the darkness of the game ruined the 3D effect with double images on screen)

What is your opinion of the best 3D effect of the 3DS?

Edited on by 3DEnthusiast

3DEnthusiast

Ralizah

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Super Mario 3D Land, and the Professor Layton games all make really fantastic use of the stereoscopic 3D effect.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Tyranexx

In no particular order:

• Super Mario 3D Land - Built with the 3D effect in mind, and some levels take advantage of it.
  • Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - I feel that the times where Link uses the bracelet to merge with the walls are some of the best moments in the game.
  • Bravely Default and Bravely Second - While not essential per se, the depth effect in these games, particularly when paired with the already excellent art for some of the cities, looks amazing.
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - This almost feels like Luigi is wandering through a diorama.
  • Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D - Also not necessary to enjoy the games, but dang do these use the effect pretty well. The occasional texture pop-in looks a little weird, but that has more to do with the older assets in these awesome remakes.
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening and FE: Fates - While not essential, the 3D effect on higher settings makes it seem like each map is a pop-up diorama.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Banjo-

I love the New 3DS. There are many good examples posted above. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are my favourite because the stereoscopic 3D effect make the games more immersive and the simple N64 geometry is perfect for 3DS conversions. Starfox 64 3D is another good example and I've always wanted Super Mario 64 3D and I feel sad that it doesn't exist. I'd make it if I knew how to.

New game I'd choose Mario Kart 7, the effect here is subtle but works for a racing game quite well, don't you think?

Like the OP said, when the background is black the effect doesn't work well and you see a double image.

Banjo-

Dezzy

To be honest, I only ever used it for 3D Land and Link Between Worlds.

I found it to be mostly just a fun gimmick more than a serious aid to enjoyment.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

3D Land is absolutely the best one, the game is clearly better with it on, obvious choice.. Granted, I partially gave up on 3D because its so awkward on an original 3DS, so I didn't give it much of a chance to many later 3DS games I played.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Heavyarms55

I have never liked nor consistently used the 3D feature. I couldn't even tell you which of my games support the feature without putting them in the device and trying it or looking it up online.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

KarateLuigi

I hardly ever use this feature since it causes me massive eye strain and dizziness and simply doesn't work that well for long-haired people with glasses but some cases which really wowed me are...

• Kirby: Planet Robobot (that and other Kirby games were the only games I could play in 3D with relative ease and I adore Robobot's effects in particular)
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising (best 3D I've seen so far but unfortunately I couldn't handle it at all during gameplay. Still couldn't resist during cool moments and cutscenes, though)
  • Luigi's Mansion 2

I can't remember whether Paper Mario: Sticker Star had notably good 3D effects but I remember it being the only game - apart from LM2 and Kirby - where I insisted on playing it in 3D only despite the trouble it caused me which says a lot. iirc it added to the diorama feel which I really liked.

I occasionally use 3D in Swapdoodle when making notes if that counts for anything.

Currently playing: ACNL, Pokémon Pearl, Pokémon Art Academy, Minecraft, Mario Tennis Aces
Sidegames: Super Kirby Clash, Overcooked 2, Kirby's Dream Land 3

Looking forward to: Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokémon Swish
Hyped for: ACNH

gcunit

I never see anyone else mention this, but LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins absolutely deserves to go on any 3D effect list. Used in multiple different ways to really give the game an extra layer of panache.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

In no particular order:
1. Animal Crossing New Leaf
2. Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers
3. Miitopia
4. Tomodachi Life
5. Fantasy Life
6. Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins

Anti-Matter

ralphdibny

Easily Ocarina of Time has the best 3D, just like @BlueOcean said, it makes the game way more immersive. I remember playing it in the garden at night time when I used to smoke and just being totally lost in the game, especially toward the end. The 3D effect just made the tiny 3DS screen look so much bigger like you were peering into Hyrule itself!

See ya!

Banjo-

ralphdibny wrote:

The 3D effect just made the tiny 3DS screen look so much bigger like you were peering into Hyrule itself!

Right.

Banjo-

3DEnthusiast

I just found a 3D hidden gem 💎. The game is called senran kagura 2 deep crimson. It is fight action game with beautiful girls. The 3D effect in gameplay is not that special, However there is a mode in game called dressing room where you can zoom in and out in 3D on the girls and dress them all different kind of gorgeous costumes. The 3D effect will make the girl pop outside of your screen in the air. In my opinion this is the best use of the 3D effect ever been used on the 3DS. One more thing in this game, It seems that it uses every feature of the 3DS(touch screen, mic blow, 3D effect, AR and gyro).

3DEnthusiast

3DEnthusiast

Also, I just got Mario and Luigi Dream Team. This looks absolutely amazing in 3D. It includes both pop in and pop out effects. A truly legendary 3D stereoscopic game!!! 💎

3DEnthusiast

3DEnthusiast

Also, I just got Mario and Luigi Dream Team. This looks absolutely amazing in 3D. It includes both pop in and pop out effects. A truly legendary 3D stereoscopic game!!! 💎

3DEnthusiast

GuruOfGreatness

Kirby Planet Robobot. Played the entire game in 3D. Loved every second.

GuruOfGreatness

CaPPa

I think the 3D greatly benefitted games like Mario 3D Land and Pilotwings as it made the distances easier to judge. From a purely aesthetic perspective I liked how Kid Icarus Uprising, Resident Evil Revelaitons and Ghost Recon all visually popped more with the 3D.

CaPPa

3DEnthusiast

I recently got Paper Mario Sticker star and holy crap the 3d effect looks stunning in this game. It makes it literally a diorama in your 3ds. Perfect depth inside your screen with pop outside of the screen effects during battles and cutscenes. I just want to say also that I am very sad to see that this is the end of the 3D Stereoscopic effect in video games. I wished if nintendo brought 3d effect in the switch. Well, I hope that Nintendo would create new line called the 4DS and even improve on the 3d stereoscopic effect and maybe add a new hologram effect to bottom screen 😁

3DEnthusiast

WhoKnowsZombie

The 3D effect is really underrated because unfortunately most peoples first experience with it was on the first 3Ds or any of the others that didn’t track the eyes. If you want to fully experience the 3D effect, then make sure you try it on a NEW 3DS XL and I think the NEW 3DS has the eye tracking as well but I’m not positive. Anyways I’ve been playing the Nintendo Switch a ton. I bought like 70 games in a month or two on the eShop sales page. But one day I decided to order the NEW 3DS XL and once I tried the new 3D effect, well now I barely play my switch.

My favorite games in 3D would be:
1. Rusty’s Real Deal Baseball (it’s amazing in depth, like the 3D stretches so far back on some of the mini games that it feels like I’m looking into a window. And other games did this as well but no where near as good and as far back)
2. Animal crossing (this game is just a ton of fun in 3D. Sometimes I feel like I’m watching characters walk around the world on a table or something.)
3.Rhythm thief (the cutscenes look amazing in 3D. I’ve never scene animations in 3D like that before and I imagine that a anime in 3D like that would be so amazing. Also this game is a hidden gem so get it before the eShop closes because it’s like $500 on eBay 😞)
4. Rhythm heaven mega mix (my favorite game on the 3Ds not for the 3D but it’s just an amazing underrated game but also the 3D is cool as well)
5. Luigi’s Mansion 2 (I thought I’d like the 3rd more but so far with this 3D effect it makes me like this one much more)
6. Harmo Knight (this game is awesome in 3D especially the dialogue because it pops off the screen. And for me personally pops off better then any of the other games dialogue. Also it’s another hidden gem and is a fair price. Also fun fact I heard it’s the only other game that Game Freak worked on besides Pokémon stuff)
7. Donkey Kong country returns (pretty awesome in 3D)
8. Kingdom hearts (this game looked so good in 3D and is actually the reason I’m gonna give the kingdom hearts games a go)
9. Castvania (this game tripped me out in 3D. Especially when it’s zooming in and showing off some big bosses. Looks sooooooo wild in 3D)

But yeah I just got the 3DS like a few weeks ago so I’m still trying many games out but these are some I did

WhoKnowsZombie

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic