Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,882

mamp

The only thing that's gonna suck is having to buy the new 3DS without being able to trade in my old one for a good price drop. When I bought my XL they didn't have internet at gamestop for me to transfer the game over, I only managed to do it because the guy who was working was nice enough to let me use the wifi on his phone to do it. I probably won't get that lucky again, and the trade in shaved $80 off the total price :/

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

19Robb92

Can't believe this won't be out until 2015 over here :/

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Vincent294

My only concern is if the 3DS (new and old models) get the ability to substitute friend codes with NNIDs and if friend messaging can be added to Miiverse. Anyone else worried about that?

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

Vincent294

Yellowtails wrote:

Vincent294 wrote:

My only concern is if the 3DS (new and old models) get the ability to substitute friend codes with NNIDs and if friend messaging can be added to Miiverse. Anyone else worried about that?

Yep. Hopefully digital games will be tied to account along with cross buy and 3DS will only use NNIDs and not friend codes.

I can tolerate friend codes for the new 3DS cause it runs the same games, OS, and even GPU (minus that VRAM upgrade). But NNID substitution is a must. If we can't even get a dual system, that would be a shame.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Socar

Look I'm with you on this whole thing happening fast that's exclusive and all.... but let's be thoughtful here. Nintendo of America will have to do something about this because in reality, Who's gonna unscrew the back cover just to insert an SD card in it? If the original Famicom was so bad for us to deal with that NOA had to redesign the NES to suit to the west, then this will likely be different in US because we had SNES which had purple buttons not like Famicom and that they would have to make certain things different to suit for the Western market.

So relax since it was only on Japan that it was announced as we still don't know if NOA will release it here.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Vincent294

Artwark wrote:

Look I'm with you on this whole thing happening fast that's exclusive and all.... but let's be thoughtful here. Nintendo of America will have to do something about this because in reality, Who's gonna unscrew the back cover just to insert an SD card in it? If the original Famicom was so bad for us to deal with that NOA had to redesign the NES to suit to the west, then this will likely be different in US because we had SNES which had purple buttons not like Famicom and that they would have to make certain things different to suit for the Western market.

So relax since it was only on Japan that it was announced as we still don't know if NOA will release it here.

I don't see how having merely 128 MB of RAM will stand against the prospect of the rumored 256 MB. It's already known that the browser can handle YouTube, which requires additional RAM, that rumor is almost certainly true given RAM's exponential amounts. And given that, the appeal of bigger games and better multitasking is irresistible to consumers, especially with the rise of smartphones. That plus a confirmed new CPU, the rumored VRAM expansion which is also likely (if they upgraded the RAM & CPU, why not give the GPU a boost?), better cameras, NFC support, more battery life, 2 more shoulder buttons, and of all things a 2nd analog stick...well, you get the picture. People want it. I do, and many who haven't upgraded since the original want bigger games and better multitasking. Think of this as a new generation. It kind of is, but no generation has ever had such an outright iPhone 5S before. Of all the 3DS alternate models, this is the one of most significance. Its XL variant might not make it to the west, but the original? How not is the better question. Nintendo Network is my only concern. It ought live up to next-gen expectations to sell consoles, on all 3DS models preferably.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

KRO

Remember when 3DS XL came out and everyone were upset because no dual analog? Here people are getting it, and they are still upset.

KRO

Inkling

I think this could be the thing that continues the DS brand, because next year I expect to see the announcement of a new handheld with one screen.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Vincent294

KRO wrote:

Remember when 3DS XL came out and everyone were upset because no dual analog? Here people are getting it, and they are still upset.

Should be a meme. Oh, look:
thenew3dsmeme

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Vincent294

Splatom wrote:

I think this could be the thing that continues the DS brand, because next year I expect to see the announcement of a new handheld with one screen.

That wouldn't be too surprising, but I think Nintendo will stay with two screens. Save 2017 for a really next-gen 3DS, like "that even newer 3DS on a censored ton of steroids in 2D, so I guess it's not really a 3DS anymore, but we're calling it that anyways"

Vincent294

Jazzer94

Once again Nintendo mildly baffles me by not having the Smash special edition in the west (well EU right now) as the "New 3DS XL" when clearly the system will be the best way to play the game portable but has it planned for Japan, I can't understand how this is not a global thing do these different regional divisions not talk to each other?

Japan Smash 3DS console.
Untitled

West Smash 3DS console.
Untitled

TL:DR This would have been a great game to bundle with the new console world wide.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

CM30

The New Nintendo 3DS looks pretty darn good. Definitely buying one for myself at one point in time.

As for anyone complaining about the exclusivity (which I've seen in a few places online)... it's not that new a thing. Remember the Game Boy Color or DSi? Pretty much the same situation here.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Inkling

I hope the increased RAM and better CPU, plus 2nd Circle Pad could mean we could get Minecraft on the 3DS. It's unlikely, but I've got my fingers crossed

Edited on by Inkling

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Vincent294

Splatom wrote:

I hope the increased RAM and better CPU, plus 2nd Circle Pad could mean we could get Minecraft on the 3DS. It's unlikely, but I've got my fingers crossed

Yep. Friend messaging would be lovely too. Heck, with that inner-facing flash, video chat anyone? I'd love that.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Jazzer94

Splatom wrote:

I'd like it if it made some games from now on run a bit better if possible.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Vincent294

Jazzer94 wrote:

Splatom wrote:

I'd like it if it made some games from now on run a bit better if possible.

It should if I'm not mistaken. They could even optimize for the additional VRAM and have higher res textures in games on the new 3DS. It went from 6 to 10 MB. That's almost double.

Vincent294

GameInfinite

According to Nintendo of Japan's website,the AC Adapter for the "New" model is sold seperately but you'll be able to use the DSi-3DS adapter!
Edit:here's a picture of the Nintendo branded micro SD cards! http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/new/img/lineup/other_microsd.jpg
My good friend Google Translate translated me the date and price for the Smash-themed "New"Nintendo 3DS.
From Nintendo of Japan's website:
Release Date
Releases in November , 2014
Suggested retail price TBD
It is the New Nintendo 3DS XL body of special specifications .
※ " Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS " is not included

Edited on by GameInfinite

Unlocked everything for Smash 3DS!
NNID:CokeAlign
N3DS FC- 4313-2337-0977

Pokefanmum82

BlackSpy wrote:

As long as it still has backward compatibility with DS games, I'm cool with buying it

It does play DS games

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

NintendoFan64

I'm actually glad that I never got an XL now. I can just get this instead.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

HappyHappyist

NintendoFan64 wrote:

I'm actually glad that I never got an XL now. I can just get this instead.

I was originally going to get an XL and CPP for Monster Hunter, but this is probably a better deal.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic