Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 1,861 to 1,880 of 1,882

Luigi05

@6ch6ris6 Yes. You can still use the system transfer to send your games over if you got a new 3ds.

Your first anything is important; a memory you don't want to forget. That's what makes nostalgia such a fascinating concept. That's why many people enjoy games that have aged well.

Maxenmus

Can't believe I've only learned about this console recently. I guess it's not that surprising, since I was never a big follower of Nintendo or 3DS news, but dang. If I had known, I wouldn't have bought the two 3DS over the past year (I bought them second hand too) and just went for the New one.

Kinda annoying that it's using a different type of SD card than the old 3DS though. I had to buy a new microSD card, and it also means that I have to transfer my data from my 3DS SD card too. A bit of a hassle, but I guess it's no big issue.

I don't even think that I'd be using the new ZR/ZL buttons that often though. I don't think any of the SMT games I've played have incorporated those buttons into the gameplay (not so far anyway).

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Maxenmus

I've just been informed that the "Brand New" New 3DS (Fire Emblem: Fates Edition) I was going to buy from someone apparently has minor scratches on them, so he told me that he's reluctant to sell me the 3DS at our agreed price of $1,299 SGD (around 935.22 USD) anymore since he didn't want to lower the price. However, after a rather cordial conversation, he has agreed to think about accepting my offer of $1,200 SGD (around 863.95 USD). We are to come to an agreement this coming weekend (especially when I have already bought the microSD card and have already reserved a New 3DS protective casing from someone else).

The scratches include:

• A 0.5cm micro scratch visible under bright light on the top plate.
  • A slightly longer scratch across the serial number on the back (bottom) plate.

He has said that he'll show me the photos later.

Honestly though, I'd probably pay him any price just to get that New 3DS, because I've searched high and low, on eBay and Amazon, and there weren't any FE: Fates Edition of the New 3DS in perfect condition anymore, so his copy "with only two minor scratches" comes the closest to being brand new. I told him to do the right thing and make it a fair trade since there are scratches available, and he said he'll consider it. But if he backs out, I'll probably cave and give him $1,299 anyway since a FE version of the New 3DS is perfect for the FE games I'm planning to buy in the distant future. These will be my first FE games too, so I'd rather have a FE N3DS to make that experience extra special.

Hope I get that N3DS with no problem... Sigh.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

WoomyNNYes

@Maxenmus Making sure you're aware 3ds & new 3ds family can only use micro sd cards up to 32GB.

I love the 3d effect & Mario Kart 7. I know a lot of people don't care fore it.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Maxenmus

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@Maxenmus Making sure you're aware 3ds & new 3ds family can only use micro sd cards up to 32GB.

Yep. I bought a 32GB micro SD that was shipped from Amazon. Arrived a few days ago.

I like the 3D effect as well, even though I don't often use it because it can be tedious sometimes to adjust the 3DS so that 3D effect works right on my eye level.

Maxenmus

WoomyNNYes

@Maxenmus Sounds like you're talking about the regular 3ds, which had a more fussy 3d system. The New 3ds model (which you're looking for) has a much better 3d effect. It uses a face tracking system (a tiny IR camera?) to automatically adjust the 3d display, and optimize it for your viewpoint. So, there's a much larger sweet spot for viewing the 3d effect. It's a HUGE improvement. It's much more effortless compared to the the original 3ds. Probably how it should have worked when the 3ds initially launched.

'Tendo liker

Maxenmus

@WoomyNNYes Nice! It's about time (though I guess it's been a long time since the N3DS came out years ago lol). Guess I'll be draining the battery more often with the 3D usage. lol

Honestly, the old 3DS' 3-D hurts my eyes sometimes when it doesn't work right. I'm glad they've improved the system. The 3DS' 3-D was a revolution of console gaming, so it's good they've perfected it.

Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Seems like the guy selling the N3DS didn't bother to respond to my messages for a few days now since last weekend. I'm thinking of just buying from someone else, even if it means I'll miss out on the cool Fire Emblem: Fates design. It's a shame, but I'd rather have a N3DS than none.

Amazon has a few cool designs for the N3DS, but none that really catches my eye. I see a Pikachu one and a Samus one, but I'm neither a big Pokémon or Metroid fan.

Maxenmus

Maxenmus

@Anti-Matter Yeah, that's the one.

I think eBay has someone selling an almost new one, so I might get that one if the guy hasn't responded. I don't really trust eBay, but I'm desperate.

Maxenmus

Maxenmus

It's been a long journey, but finally, it's here:
Untitled
Untitled
The New 3DS XL: Fire Emblem Fates Edition.

Turns out, the guy I kept mentioning in this thread ghosted me and sold his N3DS XL to someone else despite promising me to reserve it for me (even though I told him I would pay the full price despite the defects he pointed out). So I had to buy this from eBay from someone else. The quality was stated as "Used," but I'm not seeing any obvious defects so far.

It actually arrived faster than I thought too, as it apparently got stuck in transit in Dubai. Now comes the hard work of me transferring all my data from my old 3DS SD card onto my microSD, and also transferring my Nintendo profile. Sigh. Here comes the boring part of acquiring a new 3DS. lol

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

D20Nat20

Looking back the new 3ds should of been a new system to get more devs backing it instead it got a small handful of games

Not quite wii u flopping but only because it was never ment to be a new system

Kind of wonder if it was to see if there was intrest in a 3rd main ds system though

D20Nat20

F-ZeroX

I bought one just for the eye-tracking 3D. Should've been the standard from te get go.

Also: (!)

Edited on by F-ZeroX

F-ZeroX

Zuljaras

Anyone knows the best way to IMPORT a normal (not a limited/special) edition of a "New" 3DS console from the US to the EU. Either small or XL variant, I am also thinking about "New" 2DS XL again US console.

I am looking at eBay but most consoles are super expensive limited editions OR badly damaged but "working".

WoomyNNYes

@Zuljaras They've been quite expensive since console production ended & the pandemic. Expect prices for used to be the same as new retail price or higher. That's the market, unfortunately.

I think my brother paid $350+(USD) for a New 2DS XL circa december 2021. (regular retail price was $150(USD)). And that was the common black&blue variant.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

gcunit

@Zuljaras How come you want a US model specifically?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Zuljaras

@gcunit I am fixated on the stupid idea to play Minecraft on it physically and it is exclusively for the US market. I REALLY HATE the region lock on ANY console.

Well I have done this crazy thing once before with the N64 and StarCraft 64 but this time it is waaay more expensive

dmcc0

@Zuljaras Could just hack an EU/Jap one to get rid of the region lock?

dmcc0

DannyBoi

Got a new battery for my original 3ds after the old battery was swollen. Just charging it now. Not used it in years. Hope my shop account wasn't deleted. I did sign into my original nn account on pc using the 24hr passcode(forgot password, and site said something like desktop site no longer exists, check settings on console). Plus I had it set to auto sign in. Will my account still be accesible?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic