Forums

Topic: How long until the 3ds dies?

Posts 241 to 260 of 396

CurryPowderKeg79

Considering the 3DS has now been removed from the marketplace on Nintendos' websites. I would say the 3DS just now died and Nintendo is taking it to the cemetery to be buried.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Toy_Link

Seems like Nintendo didn't mention the 3DS during its financial results briefing today.
No sign of it being discontinued one month into the new year, though Nintendo has been known for silent discontinuations in the past.
When the time comes it'll be sad to see the 3DS go off the shelves

Edited on by Toy_Link

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

iLikeUrAttitude

@Toy_Link Its pretty much dead at this point. There have been no 3ds announcements in E3 or the past nintendo directs for like a year. The 3ds is dying a slow painful death.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Anti-Matter

3DS is NOT dead for me.
It's time to add more Japanese 3DS exclusives to expand my games library. 😀

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

It was pretty much unofficially dead in summer 2019, I'd imagine Nintendo saying it's not dead was a backup in case Switch Lite flopped but the Switch Lite did fine coexisting with the Switch so 3DS is over.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

iLikeUrAttitude

@Grumblevolcano It honestly has been confirmed to be dead the moment the Switch turned out to be a hit. E3 and Nintendo directs slowly decreased the amounts of 3ds announcements to none at all.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Zeldafan79

To me no game system especially those worth remembering ever truly dies. They transcend into my retro section! Whenever I want to take a trip back to the past i fire up a golden oldie and enjoy what once was!
Just because the modern systems are what's hot at the moment doesn't mean i can't slip into a nostalgic coma once in a while! I never sell old consoles either. That stuff stays with me until i am no longer able to use them.

Edited on by Zeldafan79

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Banjo-

In my house the 3DS is more alive than the Switch. Also, both 3DS and Wii U are wonderful backwards compatible consoles, great for retro gaming and games collections. You can play GB, GBC, GBA (ambassador's program), NES, SNES (New 3DS and New 2DS) and DS games on a 3DS!!

Banjo-

Ninfan

Will nintendo have the technology to combine 3DS with switch or will they continue with two different consoles and do different things with the two

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

Will nintendo have the technology to combine 3DS with switch or will they continue with two different consoles and do different things with the two

It will called Nintendo HDS. 😉

Anti-Matter

Ninfan

Anti-Matter wrote:

Ninfan wrote:

@Anti-Matter where did you hear that and what exactly will HDS be

Ninfan

iLikeUrAttitude

@Ninfan Since the 3DS is definitely dead it's mostly likely just going to be Nintendo focusing on one hybrid console being the switch.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

Anti-Matter wrote:

Ninfan wrote:

@Anti-Matter where did you hear that and what exactly will HDS be

I heard from my uncle who was working at Nintendo factory. 😜

Nintendo probably will release Nintendo HDS (Switch with 3DS clamshell design) someday, somewhere over the rainbow.... 😆

Anti-Matter

MarcusIsCool

I don’t understand the rush to kill off the 3DS. The Switch is already doing well enough. Why hurt the 3DS. Leave it alone!!! Some of us aren’t interested in the Switch.

I like games and I know computer programming

iLikeUrAttitude

@MarcusIsCool Well technically speaking... the system is already dead. And the reason why some people would want the 3ds to die for good finally so NIntendo could focus all their efforts on the Switch. It seems to be working as well.

Edited on by iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Anti-Matter

@iLikeUrAttitude
3DS is Never dies for me.
I still have a lot of 3DS games i haven't bought yet, especially Japanese and PAL 3DS games.
It's a Beginning of Library games expansion for me.

Anti-Matter

iLikeUrAttitude

@Anti-Matter Well thats great since you're still buying games for the system and it's not getting old to you. But objectively speaking the system is basically dead. At least the online is still working.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

MarcusIsCool

@iLikeUrAttitude well that’s true, but It has nothing to do with Nintendo. There could always be third party support games to be released. Won’t take too much time from Nintendo to publish. No first or second party games to be released is ok with me. In fact, that’s highly unlikely to happen.

Edited on by MarcusIsCool

I like games and I know computer programming

SyFyTy

I can't wait for all these young kids saying.. "It's time for you to go 3ds..." One day, someone will be standing at their bedside, when they're about 50+ and on some life support and someone will say to them... "You've had a good run... now it's time for you to go... die somewhere." Sounds dumb? Yeah, it does, so let's stop saying it. Nothing is done until it's done. It's obviously not done otherwise this thread wouldn't still be here.

'Be Good or Be Gone!'

Ralizah

@SyFyTy ...are you seriously comparing the weight of a human life to a console?

It might be time to leave the basement and breathe some fresh air, friend.

Also, only the 2DS/New 2DS are still in active production, to my knowledge, and there has been pretty much nothing in terms of new releases since mid-2018. Even the PS Vita is getting more substantive new releases. The system is dead.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic