Forums

Topic: General 3DS Games Topic

Posts 281 to 300 of 313

Maximumbeans

@NintendoByNature Awesome! Glad you’re persevering with it.

Hmm, I know this sounds super patronising so sorry if this is a dumb question, but is the item definitely equipped? I’ve made that mistake before. Sometimes I still make it now, where the unit is holding the item but not necessarily using it, if you get me.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

Anti-Matter

Okay, who still have interest with Yokai Watch 3DS games here?

Anti-Matter

Fizza

@Anti-Matter OH MY GOD YESSSSSSSSS. I love Yo Kai Watch! Played 1 and Bony Spirits when I was younger and liked it just as much as Pokemon, which was high praise for the time, at least to me. I loved Venoct, Slicenrice, Komasan/jiro and of course Jibanyan so much and thought it was very nice looking for a 3DS game. The battle system was while interesting as well, with positioning your Yo Kai being very engaging. It's also the main contributor to me getting into Japanese culture which is still a big interest and fascination of mine to this day! Of course, I'll probably never be able to get a new one with non-Japanese Level 5 being... you know....dead? Which sucks, because I loved Yo Kai Watch damn it!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

iLikeUrAttitude

@Anti-Matter @Fizza Well I have been meaning to get into the series. Would you recommend playing them in order or only playing a specific entry?

Edited on by iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

NintendoByNature

@Maximumbeans not patronizing at all! I'm truly stumped why no moves are working. I've had base magic equipped as well as other items for thjara and nothing works. I know I'm doing something wrong, but can't figure out what. I'm sure ill get it eventually. Just stinks that i want to level her up.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

@Fizza
I have played Yokai Watch 1, Bony Spirits and Tempura (Japanese) and I like Yokai Watch 3 more than previous games as I really love one of this Merican Yokai, Slugger. 😍
Untitled

Yokai Watch 3 English version was really hard to find and the price was inflated crazily if you can find one, so I decided to pick the Japanese version with way cheaper price and I prefer using USA as real country in Japanese version than using BBQ country in English version.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@iLikeUrAttitude
Better you play in order as the games shown a progress of Nate's family situation, from zero to hero in the first game then reunited again in the second game (also time travel to the past and met with his grandpa in young age) with new enemies and his father got promoted to USA + meet the USA Yokai creatures in the third game.

Anti-Matter

Fizza

@Anti-Matter I actually drew a lot of my favourite Yo Kai as well when I was younger, like the ones I mentioned previously! Those designs were so fun to draw since they were just so goofy looking, it made me really proud back then to draw them near perfectly to their official art! Also, literally as I was typing my previous reply, I booted up Mario Maker 2 and what's one of the first levels I see on the Popular tab? A music level of Sakuramachi from Yo Kai Watch 2. What timing!

Fizza

@iLikeUrAttitude In order's pretty good yeah, since there's a lot of little stuff that carries between each game that you really appreciate if you play the ones before it. Highly recommend it though, since apparently there's also a remake of the first game on Switch. Japan exclusive but if you don't mind region shenanigans/importing, it could be worth a go.

Edited on by Fizza

iLikeUrAttitude

@Anti-Matter @Fizza Oh so the stories are connected, I'll definitely play them in order when I get the chance then. I'll just get the 3ds versions then, I might as well play them all on 3ds since the other two games on also on the system, plus I don't mind the visuals of the 3ds, if anything the game will look great on that small screen.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Tyranexx

@Maximumbeans Panne was a fun one, and by extension Yarne, though I still wonder if I should've let Gaius be his father...but I wanted some other "best pairings" more lol. Whereas Donnel intentionally starts out squishy but can become quite a beast!

I've never tried the games on Lunatic either. I play to have fun, not send my unit flying. XD The highest I've ever went is Hard, depending on the game.

@NintendoByNature No prob! As for Tharja, IIRC she starts out as a dark mage and should be one of your better tome users. She should be open to using dark tomes such as Nosferatu. My memory is foggy, but perhaps she can't use some of the other tomes because of her class? What is her current class? Reading back, you might've reclassed her as an archer?

Edit: Oof. I missed that there's another page.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Maximumbeans

@NintendoByNature Good job! The same weapon rank thing applies in Fates so it’s good to know.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

NintendoByNature

@Maximumbeans yea thanks. I've found the side quests fun, and helpful for My success in the main quests. So, im glad I can build up some of my lower level members.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature That was my next suggestion if I was correct about the reclass. Glad you solved your issue!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx hitting my stride now. Just finished chapter 22( or maybe 23?). I can't recall. I read on IGN that there are 25 chapters which surprises me. I'm sitting at about 20 hours with those chapters down and every paralogue available. Are the remaining few chapters hours long?

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature There are 26 chapters, not including the prologue. Typically in FE games, the main chapters generally become meatier as you go. Runtime can also depend on your difficulty setting, if you watch or skip cutscenes, and if you're playing in Classic mode and reseting. Also, you've unlocked all Paralogues? Been marrying off units? I think my first playthrough took between 30-40 hours, though I did all the Paralogues and was grinding units left and right.

You're possibly also a faster reader than I am. I love reading and used to tear through books like crazy as a kid, but it's like my adult brain is wired to wander after a bit and also reads to process/absorb. I can technically READ fast still, but it's like my mind needs time to digest words before continuing. Voice acting does help.

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx hmmm. Very odd. I've done every paralogue that has been unlocked thus far, as well as any risen that gets unlocked. Im not skipping any cutscenes or anything. So idk lol. I only have a handful of chapters left but I can see this being done at around 25 hours or so. Not complaining at all, just doesn't line up with what I've read on HLTB

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I do recall the final chapters being quite long for the most part, so maybe that's where some of the HLTB times start factoring in. In Chapter 23 you do recruit a couple more units; I recall that one being especially long...though I might've done a reset.

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx ok sounds good. I'll see how they pan put. Kind of wanted to finish before arceus arrives, but looks like that won't be the case lol. My copy is arriving today instead!

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic