Forums

Topic: General 3DS Games Topic

Posts 181 to 200 of 313

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah sweeeeeeet. Thanks for the recs. Loved crafted world so ill definitely check out woolly. Also ill check out etrian. Smt is something I'm considering with the 5 trailer recently. It'll all be brand new to me though.

Ill give the ace attorney game a look. Theyre on swirth as well right?

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature Woolly World is the only Yoshi game I've played since the days of the SNES that has felt like it was a similar level of quality to the original Yoshi's Island. It's up against Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze as the best platformer on the Wii U, and the 3DS port (which I replayed to 100% completion again, since it's so good) is one of the best games on that system.

Oh, and that reminds me. If you haven't played Donkey Kong Country Returns on Wii, be sure to play the 3DS port.

And someone else mentioned it, but Kirby: Planet Robobot is fantastic, and I say that as someone who generally doesn't like Kirby platformers.

The Ace Attorney trilogy, which is a collection of the first three games, is on Switch, yes. The fourth, fifth, and sixth games aren't, though. I don't know about possible mobile ports, but the 3DS is the only system on which you can play the entire Ace Attorney saga, including spinoffs.

Oh, and when it comes to Etrian Odyssey and Shin Megami Tensei, just play whatever game sounds the funnest. The games can generally be played in any order. I recommended SMT IV: Apocalypse since it's the most polished and user-friendly game in the series (SMT IV is great, but it has a very weird difficulty curve where it starts out really hard and then the difficulty evens out after a while; IV: Apocalypse starts easy and gets more challenging as it goes on), but the games are all excellent. EO IV follows the same principle: it's probably the easiest game to get into for new players.

edit: Have you ever played a Professor Layton game? If not, and if you don't hate logic puzzles, I HIGHLY recommend the NDS and 3DS entries (like Ace Attorney, it's another long-running series comprised of two connected story trilogies).

Just... avoid the one on Switch called "Layton's Mystery Journey." It's not very good.

@Blooper987 lol

I just wish Capcom would give us Ace Attorney 7 on Switch. It has been such a long time.

Or at least find a way to localize the Great Ace Attorney games.

[Edited by Ralizah]

Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition NG+ (PS4); Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (NS)

Ugh. Men.

Blooper987

@Ralizah and localize investigations 2 or just give us them both on switch in HD. I would be happy either way.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Eel

@Ralizah all the ace attorney series is also on mobile, yes even Investigations, strangely enough.

(Except perhaps the Layton one, I'm not sure about that one.)

Edit: I can't find that one so it looks like the 3DS does win.

Edit 2: wait what? I can't find the original trilogy on Android. That's weird.

[Edited by Eel]

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

Here is my purchased 3DS games list according to my purchase book.

USA version
1. LEGO CITY Undercover: The Chase Begins
2. The Sims 3 Pets
3. Super Mario 3D Land
4. Cooking Mama 4: Kitchen Magic
5. Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle and New Friends
6. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
7. Mario Kart 7
8. Paper Mario Sticker Star
9. Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
10. Mario Party: Island Tour
11. Animal Crossing New Leaf
12. New Super Mario Bros 2
13. Disney Magical World
14. Mario Golf: World Tour
15. Tomodachi Life
16. Cooking Mama 5: Bon Appetit
17. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
18. Fantasy Life
19. Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer
20. Mario Tennis Open
21. Style Savvy Fashion Forward
22. Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
23. Disney Magical World 2
24. Mario Party Star Rush
25. Pokemon Sun
26. Pokemon X
27. Poochy & Yooshi Wooly World
28. Cooking Mama: Sweet Shop
29. Ever Oasis
30. Miitopia
31. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo
32. Pokemon Ultra Moon
33. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
34. Pokemon Omega Ruby
35. Metroid Prime Federation Force
36. Yokai Watch Blaster: White Dog Squad
37. Dual Pen Sports
38. Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog & New Friends

Japan version
1. Tamagotchi Seishun no Dream School
2. Wannyan Dobutsu Byouin: Pet no Oishasan ni Narou!
3. JS Girls DokiDoki Model Challenge
4. Sumikko Gurashi Mura wo Tsukurun Desu
5. AKB48 + Me
6. Miracle Tunes! Game de Tune Up! Tabun!

PAL version
1. Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers
2. Girl's Fashion Shoot
3. Fossil Fighters Frontier
4. Hello Kitty & Friends: Rock n' World Tour

And i still have a lot of 3DS games i haven't bought yet.

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah thanks for all those tips. I just composed a giant list of 3ds games from everyone's recs. I loved tropical freeze so I may just need to grab woolly. Same with DKCR.

Noted on kirby, ill check that out too. I have not played the Layton games but ill add those to the list as well.

If the rest of switch 2020 is this barren I might have alot of 3ds to play, so it may just work out.

I'll give SMT IV a shot if you think its user friendly enough. It'll give me a Guage for next years 5 release.

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@Eel I'm sure they're Apple exclusive, like Ghost Trick's mobile port. And Shin Megami Tensei's mobile port. And so on.

@Anti-Matter Ah, someone else who likes the Disney Magical World games! They're quite janky, but they're good fun.

Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition NG+ (PS4); Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (NS)

Ugh. Men.

Anti-Matter

@Ralizah
I still have no idea to run my cafe on Disney Magical World 1.
On Disney Magical World 2, i can left my cafe after i prepared all the foods & drinks and got the money after around 30 - 40 minutes but it didn't even happened on the first game. 😕

Anti-Matter

Eel

@Ralizah It's probably something to do with compatibility. Both Ghost Trick and the Ace Attorney Trillogy are older apps, that Apple seemingly updates automatically on the appstore, to maintain compatibilty with OS updates. Or at least they make it easy to do so for the developer.

It's just odd because the newer games are on the Android store. I guess other option would be that they just decided to add their games to Android much later, and simply didn't bother with older releases.

[Edited by Eel]

Bloop.

Krull

@NintendoByNature I can second the recommendation for Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse. About 14hrs in at the moment, and I’m having a ball. Played FE Awakening last month, too, and that was fantastic - better than Three Houses, in some ways.

Kid Icarus Uprising is also worth a look - don’t think it has been mentioned yet - and I just want to add that Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon is stunning. Genuinely, it is better looking than some Switch first-party titles.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

NintendoByNature

@Krull cool thanks. I'll have to give uprising a look too. I did play thru dark moon and loved it as well

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

Honestly, the only reason why I never bothered getting both Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice was due to the fact they're digital-only. I enjoyed the demo for the former and knew I'd like the latter.

While I've never played the Etrian Odyssey games, I've heard the series is decent.

Currently playing: Metroid Prime Remastered, Ys Seven (PC)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

@Ralizah Never got Kirby: Planet Robobot but I did play a demo of it at a 3DS kiosk. I might get it if I see it on sale. You're kind of on the same boat as me though, I'm generally not a big fan of the more recent Kirby games. I've played Return to Dream Land, Triple Deluxe, and Star Allies - they're all okay but I just didn't enjoy them as much as Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Sonic, or even some of the older Kirby games. Maybe I got burnt out of Kirby, who knows. They all have great music, though!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to add me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

NintendoByNature

Really torn if I want to fire up M&L dream team or mario + rabbids.

NintendoByNature

1UP_MARIO

@NintendoByNature Mario and Rabbids. Fantastic game and great dlc if you want more from it

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

NintendoByNature

@1UP_MARIO Sweet deal. Ive had it for a few months now. Time is ripe to crack it open i suppose.

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature Mario + Rabbids is my favorite Mario spinoff, full stop. Also arguably one of the Switch's best exclusives. You're in for a treat.

Ugh. Men.

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah fired it up for about 20 min thru the tutorial and my daughter came in asking to play smm2. So there goes that for a bit lol. Ill play a little later tonight.

NintendoByNature

Eel

Looks like it's time to give your daughter a Switch Lite as a reward for being such a good daughter.

(that way you don't need to share!)

Bloop.

NintendoByNature

@Eel see, eel. She has one lol. Problem is I bought smm2 digital. She borrows my animal crossing for her own island, but she also has a house on mine and likes to roam around doing stuff. Plus I think mine has a little more going on so she likes it.

In short, my plan failed.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic