Forums

Topic: Bravely Second

Posts 121 to 140 of 142

Spoony_Tech

@Neko_Ichigofan: epic derail lol. Try epic fail. I'm going to assume you won't see this by the time you wake up but you posted that about I don't know 30 times. You just made the mods earn their keep lol!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

VoltageX

I got 54 notifications, not less O0 wierdest bug ever XD I cant even think what would make it multiply like that XD

Edited on by VoltageX

VoltageX

LaserdiscGal

@Neko_Ichigofan Hey I changed my name from Waluigi to Danksparce, Waluigi @'s someone else for some reason so I never got a notification.

EDIT: Crap, talk about a Epic Derail, how'd you post that like 30 times?

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

LaserdiscGal

@Neko_Ichigofan Did you happen to press the post button multiple times while it was lagging on mobile? I sometimes get double or triple posts when that happens.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

jump

Sorry but there's a stupid question incoming...is this like Final Fantasy where each game is completely different and separate story wise? I never got around to playing Default so if I play Second first will I be missing out on anything?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Spoony_Tech

@jump: Haven't finished the first or even bought the second but this is a direct sequal. I've heard that the first hour or 2 will spoil the first game so unless you want to play the first game like a prequal then they should be played in order.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jump

Spoony_Tech wrote:

jump: Haven't finished the first or even bought the second but this is a direct sequal. I've heard that the first hour or 2 will spoil the first game so unless you want to play the first game like a prequal then they should be played in order.

Ah cheers, gues I will have to track down the first one then.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

polaris1966

So far so good in this game. I'm on chapter one, grinding to get my team better gear and levels. I've played the first one and I must say this is a great sequel. I want the first one, though, to complete my Bravely collection! At GS, they have it for $50 new and $45 used, when they can keep it in stock. Sigh. There are points where it drags on...but it's negligible enough not to distract me from the rest of the game.

My backlog is growing...sigh.

komodo182

70 hours into this game and I just love it!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Spoony_Tech

This is a Best Buy deal of the day for those that might be waiting for a sale. 10$ off. I'm thinking of getting it if I can get out of the house at some point. 24$ for GC members!

MERG said:

CroRock

Just bought Bravely Second on 50% off from eShop and enjoying it very much. Now I’m considering buying Bravely Default while it’s on sale too but I’m afraid I’ll be burned out after finishing second. Any suggestions? Is it worth it to play Default after Second?

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

bitleman

Nope, Second is basically the same game improved.

bitleman

komodo182

@CroRock I really enjoyed both of them, but I think I enjoyed the story of the first one better myself. I would suggest playing default if you enjoy stories.

CroRock

@bitleman @komodo182
Thank you both. I think I’ll pass on first one. Good story is always appreciated but won’t pay just for it. I have huge backlog of games waiting for finish and Xenoblade 2 on the way. Thanks again

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

komodo182

Well you are missing out, but sometimes it goes on sale for a good price in my area for like $20 CAD. Well worth it.

Tyranexx

@CroRock: I can't speak firsthand on Bravely Second just yet (I own it, but haven't gotten around to playing it). From what I've read, it shares a lot of its map, characters, and mechanics with its predecessor. They share some jobs as well, though one of my favorite jobs from BD (without spoiling anything) doesn't seem to have made it into the sequel.

I have played Bravely Default, and IMO it's one of the best 3DS games I've played. Some people don't like the second half of the game (Again, I won't spoil why), but I think sticking with it until the end makes it more than worth it. The story is one of the better ones that I've played through in recent memory.

Normally I have seen it recommended online for the games to be played in order. If your time and money is limited, however, then sticking with what you already have (some say Bravely Second is better) isn't a bad move.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Pho

Is the writing better in this game than the first one?

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic