Forums

Topic: Bravely Second

Posts 101 to 120 of 142

Fandabidozi

@Ralizah:
Hey, I've just started Bravely Second (it's amazing) and I really wish I'd played through the first one now.
The story to Bravely Default is fantastic (watched on YouTube) and I'm thinking it might be worth dialling down the difficulty so it doesn't turn into a grind. Also, I didn't like the first Demo at all, but the 2nd one is essential

NNID: Fandabidozi
3DS Friend Code: 2552-1581-3189
AC Pocket Camp: 1580 9310 141

My Nintendo: Fandabidozi | Nintendo Network ID: Fandabidozi | Twitter:

WiiWareWave

I just got this game, how can I redeem the free dlc and theme?

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

WiiWareWave

@Waluigi do I need a special AR card for this game or does the one bundled with the 3DS work with the game?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

LaserdiscGal

Neko_Ichigofan wrote:

@Waluigi do I need a special AR card for this game or does the one bundled with the 3DS work with the game?

@Neko_Ichigofan
I don't own the game so I'm not sure why you're asking me lol.

However if it's like the first game, the instruction manual (physical) has a special AR card on the back for the neat opening video.

But again, I don't own this one yet, so that may not be the case.

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

WiiWareWave

So this game is apparently much shorter than the first Bravely Default game... The game apparently has only 6 chapters and around 50 hours of gameplay or so I've heard...

GrizzlyArctos

@Neko_Ichigofan: The original was about 50 hours. Bravely Second is just as long as the first one, so don't worry.

Yes, I like bears.

Eel

From what I heard, much of the first game involved repeating a part of the story over and over.

I never played it, though.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GrizzlyArctos

@Meowpheel: Yeah, it was probably the only real flaw I found in the first game, but thankfully they fixed it in Second.

Yes, I like bears.

Shinion

Without spoiling too much, if Bravely Default ended the moment it started getting weird and annoying instead of doing what it did I don't think anyone would've been feeling shortchanged (as it was a good 20 or hours or so to get to that point) and I'm sure it could've worked with the plot, I just don't know why they decided to do what they did. It was an interesting way of doing things I guess, but it just didn't work as a videogame to have needless padding with the added annoyance of repeated boss fights it just didn't work. I'm looking forward to getting this game soon, I just wish the first ended better than it did.

Shinion

AndyD

I am still early in, but for some reason I am just not feeling it this time with Bravely Second. I dunno...I think I may just have a lower interest in portable games. I tend to lean towards my consoles more now days, when I do have time to play.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

WiiWareWave

@scubydo: It's because handheld games have become increasingly bite-sized compared to console games. Gone are the days when epic 50+ hour RPG's were the norm now dungeons are bite-sized, and the length of most games on handhelds is half of what was the norm 10 years ago despite sleep mode and save-states...

WiiWareWave

@TheLastLugia: I disagree any RPG that's under 30 hours isn't worth it in my opinion unless it's a budget title or on an extremely good sale.

VoltageX

Neko_Ichigofan wrote:

@scubydo: It's because handheld games have become increasingly bite-sized compared to console games. Gone are the days when epic 50+ hour RPG's were the norm now dungeons are bite-sized, and the length of most games on handhelds is half of what was the norm 10 years ago despite sleep mode and save-states...

There are some exeptions, though. take for example xenoblade chronicles- its a pure single player experience which provides you hundred of hours if you really dedicate yourself to the game (without even talking about repeating it).
But you do have a point- a lot of games tend to be shroter and easier than past generations. for someone like me who likes playing the same game again and again it isnt much of a problem, but it can be for players who want a new, fresh experience

VoltageX

Spoony_Tech

@VoltageX: Add in most Atlus rpgs as well.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

VoltageX

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I actually tried to get into etrian odyssey untold: the millenium girl and etrian mystery dungeon, but something just didnt work for me. I really want to get into this series but I cant seem to find the interest everyone around me have for it. do you have any tips for a newcomer?

VoltageX

Spoony_Tech

VoltageX wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I actually tried to get into etrian odyssey untold: the millenium girl and etrian mystery dungeon, but something just didnt work for me. I really want to get into this series but I cant seem to find the interest everyone around me have for it. do you have any tips for a newcomer?

You may want to start with IV as it's the best IMO. It actually has a overworld and the game flows a little better. You do lose the full on story mode but what story it has is actually good. I never once felt like I had to grind for levels to beat a boss or area.

As for tips you want to assemble a well balanced team. Always have a good healer and a damage sponge. Early on get good skills at chopping, mining, and picking as that will help get to the better items faster. These tips here will help for any EO game.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

VoltageX

Spoony_Tech wrote:

VoltageX wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

You may want to start with IV as it's the best IMO. It actually has a overworld and the game flows a little better. You do lose the full on story mode but what story it has is actually good. I never once felt like I had to grind for levels to beat a boss or area.

As for tips you want to assemble a well balanced team. Always have a good healer and a damage sponge. Early on get good skills at chopping, mining, and picking as that will help get to the better items faster. These tips here will help for any EO game.

Thanks =] hope ill get into it evantually =]

VoltageX

WiiWareWave

@Meowpheel @Waluigi uh...what happened? My post multiplied to infinity...ugh it's too late to delete the excess posts so could you please help a poor tired soul out?!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic