Indie studio Troglobytes Games has revealed that a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign will soon be launching for its upcoming twin-stick shooter HyperParasite.
We first reported on this one at the start of last month, noting its funky '80s-inspired visuals and fast-paced action. With work now well underway on the title, Troglobytes Games is seeking to raise $29,000 to "accelerate development, and to aid the porting to consoles".
The campaign will go live on 10th October (which is next Wednesday) and a link has already been set up to get ready for the big event. Naturally, the pledge rewards and any potential stretch goals are yet to be revealed, so make sure to check back on the day of the campaign's launch to find out more. You can also try out a demo of the game on Steam as we speak.
HyperParasite is aiming for a 2019 release on Switch, with the success of this campaign no doubt being an important step towards that goal. We'll leave you with this feature list to learn a little more about what you can expect:
- A fresh twist on the genre: hop from one host body to another
- 60 Playable Characters to Body-Snatch and utilise their attributes
- Unique retro 3D-pixelated visual style
- Original retro inspired synth-wave soundtrack
- Cast+weapons includes - cops+guns, Werewolves+claws, robots+lasers, aliens and so much more
- Procedurally generated levels that will play differently each time, challenging even the most seasoned of players
- An intense and frantic co-op mode: can the humans handle TWO HyperParasites?
Will you be pledging your support?