Shoot 'em up fans will be delighted to hear that a remake of the popular iOS blaster Hyperlight by CatfishBlues Games will be available in November for the New Nintendo 3DS. The console version known as Hyperlight EX is an enhanced version of the original and was developed specifically for the New Nintendo 3DS system.
Hyperlight EX is an high intensity arcade action game in which you control a spaceship that fights against hordes of evil alien monsters in a virtual cosmic environment. Your spaceship has a special capability - it can travel at a Faster Than Light speed (F.T.L.) becoming itself the final weapon. By colliding with enemies in this state the ship can instantly destroy everything it touches.
In the game there are also plenty of other bonus, weapons and entities that can help you overcome the many difficulties you'll be facing, including the battles against the terrific final bosses that await you in the dark side of the universe.
Here are the features which the game boasts:
- Full New Nintendo 3DS controller support.
- Stereoscopic 3D viewing only for New Nintendo 3DS!
- Stunning game graphics, rich in special effects, enemies and explosions!
- Innovative gameplay, immediate and highly rewarding!
- Arcade Mode with 50+ levels, 8 mid-boss stages and 4 final boss battles!
- Infinity Mode with tons of new levels and several mid-boss stages.
- Panic Mode with its peculiar tilt control (uses accelerometer)
- 3 Bonus entities (Drones, Turrets and Plasma Barriers) that will help you in fighting the continuous waves of enemies.
- 7 Bonus weapons (Bomb, Laser, Globe, Crystal, Machinegun, Missle and Virus) that will help you in pulverizing everything on the screen.
- Local Leaderboads for Arcade, Infinity and Panic game modes.
- Achievements system: 40 unlockable medals!
Will you be picking up this high intensity arcade action game when it lands on the New Nintendo 3DS in November?