Video: Take a Look at Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call's Quest Medley Mode

Posted by Karen Halloran

Tap and slide for GP and prizes

Anticipating Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call's release later this month, Square Enix UK has released a video showcasing the game's new Quest Medley mode featuring a combination of classic Theathrythm gameplay and some new features such as the stage-hopping airship:

Quest Medley mode features the classical RPG elements of taking a team of adventurers and customizing them using known abilities from the Final Fantasy series. Once the party is set and ready to go, players can take them on missions to fight famous monsters and bosses from Final Fantasy's long history for experience points and other rewards. Quests can also be shared via StreetPass.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call is set to release in North America on 16th September and on 19th September in Europe. Will you be lining up for the show or selling your tickets? Let us know in the comments!

Legodavid18

Legodavid18 said:

This already looks so much more fun than those Dark Notes from the previous game. With this and Hyrule Warriors coming out on the same day, I think I'll be set for the rest of the year!

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

This looks interesting enough to give it a second look! Maybe I'll sell off the first game and pick this up after all. Haven't bought that much this year yet so we shall see. Maybe a detailed review is in order to find out if there is enough new stuff.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

This, along with Smash, is my most anticipated 3DS game for the rest of the year. Just two more weeks now.

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

Can't wait for this game to release! I'm expecting a flood of nostalgia to come with the amount of musical tracks it contains.

evosteevo

evosteevo said:

This looks great but I'm not too sure if I'll pick it up right away. I bought the first one and downloaded most of the DLC songs. For the most part, I feel like I got all the melodies I want. However, these new modes look interesting. I might have to revisit the first one and make sure I've seen everything first.

TheWPCTraveler

TheWPCTraveler said:

@Not-Another-Ad Depends. I'm getting this because it seems to be far closer to the superior iOS version.
For one, Quest Medley seems to be an enjoyable RPG-esque experience, the triggers are now improved slightly, there is a versus mode, and some other reasons I don't feel like listing :P

JellySplat

JellySplat said:

I bought one of the Collectors editions, with the 3ds xl case, and all that fun stuff. So IDK if I can force myself to open it.

I might have to buy the other edition with the CD's as well. (I wouldn't feel as guilty for opening that one)