If You Want To Follow Super Smash Bros. Melee at Evo 2014, These Are The Details You Need

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Jump between streams like a pro

Evo 2014 is just days away, bringing together the best competitive fighting game players from around the world to compete across multiple titles. After a briefly troubled history last year, Super Smash Bros. Melee has long been confirmed for this year's event.

Evo will be streamed fully online, and there's so much going on that there'll even be two dedicated channels — three if you count a Capcom-only version. The chart below shows when Melee will be on across the three days — 11th to 13th July; it even gets to launch the whole event on the first channel.

These are Pacific times, so go forward three hours for Eastern, eight hours for UK and nine hours for Europe. The all-important channels are www.twitch.tv/srkevo1 and www.twitch.tv/srkevo2.

Will you be tuning in to see who wins the Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament?

[via shoryuken.com, vg247.com]

MixMasterMudkip

MixMasterMudkip said:

I can't wait for Evo to get started. Last years Evo was great! I'm sure this one will be as well, and the fact Nintendo is sponsoring is awesome!

AzureFashionist

AzureFashionist said:

All of Sunday will be amazing. Probably will watch the pools and semis for Blazblue and Ultra SF4. And I'll catch KOF XIII grand finals.

Chaos_Knight

Chaos_Knight said:

I wonder if Nintendo will reveal a new character or trailer once Melee Finals are done, like how Capcom revealed Ultra SFIV last year. Nintendo is one of the sponsers at this year's EVO so it's a possibility.

Senario

Senario said:

@vamkar lol has to prove first it has the capacity to be played competitively. EVO takes the games it accepts very seriously. And after brawl the idea that a new smash bros will be competitive is questionable.

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

Wonder if they will reveal a character at EVO considering they are sponsoring this year. Such a massive turnaround from last year.

Senario

Senario said:

@unrandomsam it still has to prove itself. There is no benefit to using the arcade box version over the console version unless there are serious problems like marvel input lag on ps3 version. Otherwise the control scheme is the same. Most fighting games use a fight stick and in the case of melee the controller. I fail to see how console versions being used makes it so smash 4 doesn't need to prove itself to be a good competitive game before attending evo, the biggest fighting game tournament.

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

@noctowl
Decade old game that's been my top 5 games ever list for 12 years.
I'm in an anime event this weekend so I'll watch great Melee matches later when I have time. Would like to watch it live though.