Dami Im, Winner of Aussie X Factor, Appointed as Official Nintendo Ambasador of Tomodachi Life

Posted by Liam Doolan

YouTube series to follow

Followers of the Aussie edition of reality music competition The X Factor will be more than familiar with Dami Im – winner of the fifth series of the X Factor in 2013 whose single ‘Super Love’ is currently taking the charts by storm down under.

Now though, Dami will be embarking on a new adventure as the official Nintendo Ambassador in the latest 3DS social sim, Tomodachi Life. Nintendo of Australia has today revealed fans of the talented South Korean-born singer will as of next week be able to find out about all of her “quirky” Tomodachi Life stories in a series of YouTube episodes. With any luck, local players will also receive her Mii at some point.

As many Nintendo fans will already know, this isn’t the first time the company has used a popular celebrity, musician, or actor to sell its products. Previously on the Aussie front we’ve seen the likes of Delta Goodrem, known for her singing abilities and role in iconic Australian television soap opera Neighbours, and Olivia Newton John, best known for her role as Sandy in the film Grease.

In addition to when the game launches locally in Australia on 7th June, players will also receive two free download codes with their copy of game for Tomodachi Life: Welcome Version (essentially a trial version) – which allows two other players to test out this new and exciting social experiment on their own 3DS system; that same promotion has been offered in other regions. Playing the Welcome Version of Tomodachi Life will put players in the running for a rare panda suit item in one of eight colours along with the ability to transfer their trial character across if they purchase the full version of the game.

If that's not enough, Nintendo has also released a Mii Personality Test on the official Tomodachi Life website to help players discover which personalities their Mii might have with a series of questions and scenarios. The results will reveal character traits as well as the décor and outfit that would perfectly match them.

Let us know in the comments if you’re a fan of Dami Im and how you feel about Nintendo using famous people to sell their products, or tell us who you plan on giving your free download codes to – and what your results were on the Mii Personality Test.

[via nintendo.com.au]

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

@FineLerv : It's a talent show catered for singers, similar to the Idol franchise (Australian Idol, American Idol, Pop Idol, Canadian Idol etc.) and The Voice, however, The X Factor also allows for groups to perform as well as individuals (One Direction were originally The X Factor U.K. contestants).

FernandoMachado

FernandoMachado said:

The evolution of Dami Im on the show was amazing. With the help of mentor Dannii Minogue, she went from awkward karaoke singer to the most interesting winner of the show.

I wish it was global tho...

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

Come to think of it, this endorsement promo reminds me of when Jessica Mauboy was the face of Nintendogs + Cats.

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

Ugh, like I needed X Factor shoved down my throat some more. I don't like the song, and I won't be accepting her Mii. Nothing personal against her though.

shaneoh

shaneoh said:

@gingerbeardman
Okay I'll update my statement

In a year only gingerbeardman will remember her

(also this statement doesn't cover people who genuinely know her, rather those who know of her through a terrible reality television program)

HnnngHnnng

HnnngHnnng said:

Dami is great. She's living fully in the here and now admirably.
Totally not deserving of put downs from fellow human species.

shaneoh

shaneoh said:

Who's putting her down? I'm just saying it won't be long before she fades from the spotlight into obscurity.

shaneoh

shaneoh said:

And I've done none of those three things. All I've done is comment on the trend of these "reality" televesion shows.

shaneoh

shaneoh said:

I call a spade a spade too. I agree a good place to stop

edit: and the two posts above this have disappeared, now it looks like I'm having a conversation with myself