Armillo Release Date and Launch Discount Details Confirmed

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Rolls into Europe and North America on the same day

Armillo has been a long time coming on the Wii U eShop, a promising title that's suffered from some delays on its route to the store. Fuzzy Wuzzy Games has crossed the finish line, however, confirming a release date and launch discount details for both North America and Europe.

It'll roll onto the Wii U on 3rd July as a timed exclusive, and for the first three weeks will have an introductory price of $6.00 / €4.50; after that period it'll cost $8.00 / €6.00 — we'll try and clarify UK prices. It's a game that'll incorporate a variety of play styles, and was originally in development for Xbox before the studio switched focus to the Wii U; overall it's taken three and a half years to develop.

You can see the latest trailer below. Are you looking forward to this one?

Shambo

Shambo said:

Looks like a very nice game for a very nice price. I was afraid the price would be way too high, but at this price, I'll get it.

Emblem

Emblem said:

Guacamelle is releasing the same week so I may have to save this for later if at all.

Tops

Tops said:

That introductory price is nice (even the regular price is tbh) will look into this for sure!

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Whoa, finally! Day 1 for sure. Nice to see an early adopter discount, as with Flowerworks.

@Emblem

I had no idea Guacamelee already had a release date.

EDIT: and as soon as I wrote that, NL makes an article about that.

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

never heard of guacamelee, and dont care about it. i've been waiting for this since i first heard of its conception and will definitely be downloading it asap

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

It's a good price (which makes me wonder how long the game will be) but the game doesn't convince me, it doesn't seem very fun.

Samurairu

Samurairu said:

@DarkCoolEdge This is something that plays a major factor on whether I buy games. When games start getting north of $5 and have 2 or 3 hours of play time, that's not enough time for me to even get good at the game and usually I find little replay value in the non Nintendo titles. I was definitely going to buy Tengami for example, until I saw it's a 2.5 hour game.

element187

element187 said:

I've been looking forward to this game for over a year now. It looks like Super Mario Pinball Galaxy.

This was my most anticipated indie game... soon as this releases I'll be looking towards Festival of Magic, Hat in Time, Girl and the Robot and Forgotten Memories. There is some seriously great content coming from indies.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

$6 is a respectable price. Assuming it gets decent reviews, I'll probably pick this one up.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Yay! I've been anticipating this game for what seems like a loooooong time. Great price too, can't wait! :D

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

@Samurairu actually that's not a problem for me. Lately I've been enjoying more playing shorter (but good) games. I still play games that will take many hours but usually they are non-absorbent games like DK: Tropical Freeze, I can play one or two stages and be done, unlike Deus Ex/Wind Waker/SC: Blacklist which you have to play for a while in order to advance.

In fact, I'm really looking forward to Tengami :)

My problem with Armillo is that it doesn't seem fun to me :(

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Game looks rad, and $6 is practically nothing. Was iffy at first, but yeah, I think I'll take it.