Razor Global Domination Pro Tour Bringing Its Grinding Skills to Wii U in 2015

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Renegade Kid on development duty

Do you have scooter skills? Or even 'skillz'? Are you wondering why we're going on about scooters on Nintendo Life? Well, Razor Global Domination Pro Tour is coming to the Wii U — as well as Xbox One and PS4 — in 2015; it'll be published by Scarab Entertainment and developed by eShop download favourites Renegade Kid.

Scarab Entertainment owns the video game license for Razor USA LLC, which is a thing where skilful dudes in helmets do tricks on scooters. As this writer is a Brit pushing 30 it's an alien world, but we imagine it's not dissimilar to skateboarding with a big handle. Below is an excerpt from a press release that knows a lot more about scooters and says 'Razor' a lot.

Razor Global Domination Pro Tour is a robust freestyle scooter experience, where you flip grab, spin, and grind your way to victory by performing dozens of freestyle scooter tricks. Customize your apparel and gear to personalize your Team Razor rider. Enhance your performance and take your Razor scooter to new heights with special upgrades that award you with increased speed and extra airtime. Travel around the world visiting unique skate parks, street jam sessions, and dirt tracks to demonstrate your skills.

With Renegade Kid's experience developing trick-based games such as ATV Wild Ride 3D and a concept that could have a Tony Hawk style of play, this could be a fun title for next year.

Are you going to keep an eye on this one?

ogo79

ogo79 said:

to answer yer question i actually do have skillz, when spelled with a z at the end instead of an s shows that one really means business.
er, businezz

eLarkos

eLarkos said:

Has Renegade Kid made a Wii U game before that wasnt a port? I cant imagine this is going to look very pretty.

ToastyYogurt

ToastyYogurt said:

@eLarkos
Have Wii U ports of XBone/PS4 games been watered down? I remember the ugly intestine-resembling.... THINGS that were most Wii ports of PS360 games, but considering I haven't really been able to tell a difference graphics-wise between this gen Playbox and last gen (keep in mind I don't own a PS360 or XBone/PS4, so I guess I'm not much of an authority on the subject), I imagine one could dumb down a game for Wii U without losing too much important details. That is, if they care about the port. But I don't play any Wii U ports, so I wouldn't know.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

For one thing, wow, a new full fledged Wii U game. On the other hand it's a work for hire game by Renegade Kid. They haven't been too great with those.

eLarkos

eLarkos said:

@ToastyYogurt although most Wii U ports from PS/Xbox have been inferior, thats not what I was meaning. Renegade Kid are primarily a 3/DS developer and a few of there games have been ported to Wii U.

ToastyYogurt

ToastyYogurt said:

@eLarkos Oh, I see what you mean. I don't see it being a problem, though. Worst that could happen is the graphics look like crap (couldn't care less :P) or the game's designed for short bursts (depends). I feel like those are the big differences between handheld and console.

Superstick

Superstick said:

What exactly is so good about this game that it has to be released in 2015? Tell me. Seriously, even Smash Bros is out before then. XD

JustinH

JustinH said:

Is this an eShop title or on-disc? Not like I see myself buying it either way...

ToniK

ToniK said:

The amount of hours I put into Tony Hawk 2 was crazy. But scooters?! I dunno... But Renegade Kid, woohoo! We'll see.

GamerOZO

GamerOZO said:

Renegade Kid? Woooo! Ah well, we'll wait and see how this turns out.

P.S @ThomasBW84 You haven't reported on the fact that Nintendo Wifi Connection is shutting down (DS and Wii) on May 20 worldwide. :(

Darkness3131

Darkness3131 said:

When you actually get into doing tricks with scooters (in real life of coarse) it can actually be pretty fun; I do it myself. I don't really think a game about it will be very enticing, but I'll listen. Not planning on picking it up at the moment though....