Video: Batman: Arkham Origins Initiation DLC Trailer Shows Off Challenge Maps With Story Elements

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Video game Bruce Wayne has a better beard than Christian Bale

It was only days ago that we were reporting on new DLC for Batman: Arkham Origins, with Skins and a Challenge Pack released. They were to keep players busy until the arrival of the Initiation DLC, which is a set of Challenge Maps with story elements, taking in the early days of Bruce Wayne learning his trade in North Korea. Warner Bros. clearly isn't interested in hanging around, as this new offering will arrive on 3rd December.

Set high in the Paektu-San Mountains of North Korea, the Initiation Add-On follows a young Bruce Wayne as he faces his ultimate test. Players will embark upon a series of challenge maps that test their martial arts training across exotic locales, including a bamboo forest and a mountain top monastery. Fans will face fresh enemies along with an epic final test to prove their worthiness to Bruce’s greatest and most pitiless teacher, Kirigi.

It basically looks like a video game version of the early section in Batman Begins, though perhaps suffers for having less Liam Neeson. It's confirmed for 3rd December in Europe, costing £5.49 in the UK; we'll update this article with Euro prices and North American details when they emerge.

Do you have this game and, more importantly, are you interested in this DLC pack?

[via vg247.com]

DStroke

DStroke said:

Why do most of the people have the Season Pass??? I never saw it and I want it now!! :(

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

This looks friggin' amazing :D
(especially because the whole training was my favourite part in Batman Begins)

strongest_link

strongest_link said:

@DStroke I believe you can still get yourself the Season Pass as long as you haven't purchased any DLC for the game yet. You should see it on the eShop for $19.99 if you're in the States.

MrGawain

MrGawain said:

When I started the game today I got a version 1.1 update.

I'd be interested in a storyline campaign, but not sure about these combat things- never completed them in City and apathetic about these ones.

AltDotNerd

AltDotNerd said:

Christian Bale has too much of an "old-timey villain" facial hair pattern. It's creepy...

Mr_Nose

Mr_Nose said:

I love the first two games, I'm still trying to 100% Arkham City, in fact. I've been sitting on the fence about picking Origins up. I don't really like the costumes, or lack of Catwoman, Red Robin, or Nightwing as playables.

But the thing that's turned me away, and this clinches it, is the Nolan influence. The first two games were like 'the animated series on steroids.' I mean, they could easily have been movies by the creative team of the series. The Batsuits were like gifts to long time fans.

I'm probably in the minority on this one, but as much as I love Batman, I'm not a fan of Nolan's trilogy. I see in some screen shots that they've even taken inspiration from his cowl design... Blech.

LightSuitGuy

LightSuitGuy said:

Looks pretty good overall.

I do think this is a pointless retread of Begins though, despite loving the Nolan influence in Origins.

hydeks

hydeks said:

I'm playing this game right now, and yay, I can't wait for this dlc, it looks amazing ;-)