Aqua Moto Racing 3D Splashing Into North America Next Week

Posted by Andy Green

Will be an improved adaptation of the European version

Zordix is the developer behind the Moto series of games, many of which are found in various smartphone app stores. It made its 3DS eShop debut in June when Aqua Moto Racing 3D swept into Europe, but a North American version has not yet emerged.

Well the studio has now confirmed the game will be splashing into the region on 10th October and it will in fact be a revamped version, with better sound, smoother gameplay and more enhanced physics.

This is certainly a good thing for North American gamers as we felt there was certainly a bit of room for improvement, as we expressed in our Aqua Moto Racing 3D review. Unfortunately, Zordix has not said anything about a potential update to the European version, but that's not to say it won't happen.

It features 48 courses and 14 championships, which you can play through in single player, while there is local play available for up to six people.

Aqua Moto Racing 3D certainly rekindles memories of the Wave Race titles on the Nintendo 64 and GameCube so it's easy to see the appeal here. Take a look at the trailer below to see more and let us know your thoughts on it in the comment section.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Yeah well I don't want to be the one who get to test this version out. I'm assuming we won't get an update to the review?? I love Wave Race and would pick this up in an instant if the improvements were good enough to make it more like it!

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

If everything has been fixed, I might buy this out of nostalgia for Wave Race 64.

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

We should have gotten this game in june or july not now.

Oh well better late than never lol. :)

I'll buy this game later but right now saving cash in the 3ds e-shop for the retail/download titles like:

Spongebob Plankton's Revenge - 3DS
Angry Birds Star Wars - 3DS
Doodle Jump - 3DS
Lego Friends - 3DS
Barbie Dream House - 3DS

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Nintex

Nintex said:

I've been waiting on this game all summer long. Now it finally comes out.... in Autumn!

Dyl_73

Dyl_73 said:

It's not a bad game really. It's just got a few graphical issues. Hopefully us UK/EU gamers get an uupdate for it. As it is though I would give it 7 out of 10.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I've heard some bad things about this game. I hope these tweaks really help and they aren't just trying to polish a turd.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

To be honest, I'll probably buy it just because of how much a Wave Race fan I am. lol But it does look cool.

Windy

Windy said:

The game certainly looks fun if it had Online races I would buy it in Heart beat.