WayForward Hopes To Release Wii U Version of Mighty Switch Force! 2 in October

Posted by Andy Green

Will be more than just a typical HD port

Last month, WayForward confirmed Mighty Switch Force! 2, the 3DS eShop title that emerged in June, will be coming to Wii U in the future.

However, the developer did state it was a "backburner project" and considering it is pretty busy at the moment, what with the unveiling of the Kickstarter project for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, you'd be forgiven for thinking the HD version of Mighty Switch Force! 2 will be a while off yet.

Well, it may arrive sooner than you think, as in an interview with Siliconera, James Montagna, a director at WayForward, said the studio is hoping to release the game onto the Wii U eShop in October.

He also revealed WayForward initially had no plans to create a Wii U version for the second Mighty Switch Force! title but it noticed there was a lot of vocal gamers expressing their desire to see it come to Nintendo's home console on Miiverse.

We had no intentions of bringing it to the Wii U, originally. [Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition] was an experiment, something we just wanted to try out - but [because of the feedback] we are bringing Mighty Switch Force! 2 to the Wii U. We caved.

Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition was available to download in North America and Europe on Wii U launch day and replicated a HD version of the 3DS title with a few new features. However, WayForward is doing things a little differently for the home console adaptation of Mighty Switch Force! 2 and it will instead be a pixel version with "high definition interstitial screens".

Are you looking forward to Mighty Switch Force! 2 landing in the Wii U eShop? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via siliconera.com]

Related Games

Emblem

Emblem said:

October is looking quite full up if you own both 3DS and Wii U...

So far for Wii U we have Zelda WW, Sonic LW, Wii U Party, Batman Origins, Skylanders Swapforce, Just Dance 2014, Spongebob PR, Angrybirds Starwars & Turbo Stunt squad.

For 3DS we have Pokemon X&Y, SMT4, Batman Blackgate, Beyblade Evo, Skylanders & Sonic LW 3DS versions.

These are the UK releases anyway, not sure what else NA maybe getting in October.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'm nowhere near finished with Mighty Switch Force: HD but I may pick this up when it comes around depending on the price & features + bonuses.

Dreamcaster-X

Dreamcaster-X said:

Yeah, the software drought is definitely over!! Now the problem is too many games but I AM NOT COMPLAINING!!!! = )

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I was expecting similar sprites to the first one. So I may have to check before I buy then.

DimetriWarrior

DimetriWarrior said:

The way I see it, the fans asked for a Wii U version and are expecting a complete overhaul of sprites and graphics akin to MSFHDE. But I'm guessing they're not gonna do a sprite overhaul. :/

SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit said:

Awww, I really liked the overhaul in the first HD version. I would gladly wait on it if they could give it the same treatment.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

@Dreamcaster-X
interstice is a small gap
if something is interstitial it goes in the gap

Here are some uses that might make sense now:

interstitial ads
interstitial screens
interstitial fluid (fluid that surrounds the brain inside the skull)

NImH

NImH said:

Sorta sounds like there's really no reason to double dip on this one... Am I wrong?