Two Tribes Planning Classics Series on the Wii U eShop

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

"We're already working on them behind the scenes"

Two Tribes has been a busy studio in recent times, bringing Toki Tori 2 to the Wii U eShop, a '+' version to Steam on PC, and has also confirmed to us on multiple occasions that updates to the Wii U version will add features such as the level creation tool.

While that's plenty to deal with, the developer has also tweeted that it's working on a "Two Tribes Classics" series for the Wii U eShop, the first time it's mentioned that branding.

It isn't new that these are under consideration, as Two Tribes' Martijn Reuvers told us the following in our interview back in May.

Apart from Toki Tori 2, we're also planning on bringing our vintage titles, Toki Tori, EDGE and RUSH to the Wii U as well. And we're in the talks with another developer to bring EDGE to the 3DS as well.

We've also followed up with Two Tribes' Collin van Ginkel today, who's told us the following.

We're already working on them behind the scenes, so it is going to happen. The Steam version is going to be the basis, with off-TV added as a bonus.

Would you like to see these titles arrive on the Wii U eShop is some form of "Classics" brand? Let us know in the comments below, and keep an eye out for future updates on these titles on Nintendo Life.

Related Games

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I wonder how much added content, if any, will be there in comparison to the WiiWare versions, other than off-TV play. I already have the WiiWare versions of RUSH & Toki Tori (& EDGE on my phone), just wondering if it's worth it to buy them all again. (I only beat Toki Tori on WiiWare, RUSH & EDGE I never finished but enjoyed greatly).

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

If RUSH is that Rubik's Cube game that would be pretty cool - I did enjoy that on WiiWare.

FineLerv

FineLerv said:

After playing Toki Tori 2 I'm willing to blindly give these guys my money no matter what they release.

Sceptic

Sceptic said:

RUSH is fantastic. Edge... I never really could get into. Especially on touch screen. Fat finger syndrome.

JaredJ

JaredJ said:

Toki Tori is my favorite WiiWare game! I would love to have it on the Wii U eshop!

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

Edge is an action game more than a puzzle game, btw. It's quite good, but it ramps up in difficulty quickly. Always liked Rush, not sure why we didn't play that more. Maybe I'll double-dip for a Wii U version. I like HD. :)

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

None of these are classics none of them are old enough. Only classic they have is the Gameboy Color Toki Tori which is already on 3DS.