Mega Man 2, 3 And 4 Are Now Available On North American Wii U eShop

Posted by Orla Madden

Capcom continues to celebrate the Blue Bomber's 25th anniversary

It's been a good day for Mega Man; Capcom's hero is the new challenger in the hotly anticipated Super Smash Bros. title for the Wii U and 3DS, and alongside the bomber's debut title for the NES on the Wii U eShop, Mega Man 2, 3 and 4 have appeared on the Virtual Store.

Mega Man 2, 3 and 4 are now available with a price tag of $4.99 on the North American Wii U eShop. Miiverse communities have also been unleashed into the wild, so head over there to praise the Blue Bomber.

Have any of our readers downloaded any of these titles yet? Let us know in the comment section below.

Related Games

Grubdog

Grubdog said:

@Joshers744 likewise, I'm jumping in! The GamePad + Miiverse combination is probably the best way to catch up on these old games

SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit said:

Everyone who wants to know what Mega Man is about- please buy Mega Man 2 and 3.

That's why he needed to be in Smash Bros.

berenlazarus

berenlazarus said:

How about Mega Man 6 . . . you know, the game that has NEVER been released on the Virtual Console. And for those in the Pal region, that would be the first time MM6 was ever released!

BradPJ

BradPJ said:

Downloading Mega Man 2 as it's reduced due to owning it on Wii. Going to wait a while to purchase the 3 and 4.

Deadstanley

Deadstanley said:

Grr... I have them on 3DS, but want to take advantage of the Miiverse and Gamepad. Why can't they just link the accounts already. I'll pay the upgrade fee for the titles. For the cost of approximately one VC game I could upgrade the entire series off my 3DS and onto the WiiU.

Oh well... NES release have dried up a bit on 3DS, looks like all the love is moving to the WiiU for the time being. I'm really torn on which platform I should maintain my retro collection.

tchaten

tchaten said:

Surprised there is no bundle deal - buy 2 get 1 free - no benefit to buying em all price wise?

Shanksta

Shanksta said:

Oh my God! I just saw this and was overcome with joy. I knew something had to pop up on the eShop today I just knew! Whoo Hoo!

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

I still have yet to buy 4,5 and 6 on the 3DS eShop. I'd rather have my whole MM collection on one console - and I'm not paying for them all twice. Too bad they don't have any Mega sales going on...

zeldazero

zeldazero said:

@SunnyShores
It definitely is, mega man on smash bros and now this, I already bought and beat mega man 2 on normal, now going for hard lol. Shorter than I remembered :)

DESS-M-8

DESS-M-8 said:

Excellent!!! Got mega man the day it came and just Got 2, 3 and 4. Now just 5-8 to release and mega man x to x6 and I am very very happy then

KillerGBH

KillerGBH said:

fail why no promotion u get one free after u buy 2 or something like that. im sad :(