Wii Street U Finds Some Miiverse Support

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Find a spooky house and tag it as "scary"

The Wii Street U app on Nintendo's system, which is anxious to remind you that it's "powered by Google", is a nice freebie that lets you explore the world, famous locations and, of course, to spy on friends, enemies and neighbours. Some of the images may be out of date, but you can still find a foe's house on the app and do your best Dr Evil impression, if you so please.

Now you can spy on people and share their locations with those on Miiverse, as a fresh update for the app has integrated Miiverse support. You can take a picture at any time and upload the screen to the social network with a tag along the lines of "fun" or "scary" — along with some others — as well as a normal typed or hand-written message. If you happen to find the lost city of Atlantis or somewhere similarly exciting, you can use a "spoiler" tag to hide the image. This update has also fixed a complaint we had in our write-up of the app, as you can now bookmark locations that are your favourites.

Some neat little extras for the app, then; how many of you have loaded it up recently, though?

[via engadget.com]

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

I'm assuming the update has already been installed thanks to the recent system update?

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I played around with it for a bit one time when it first came out but haven't touched it since... I really should use it again but I've just been enjoying too many games to make room for random scouring the globe :)

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@Retro_on_theGo It didn't have the tags and in-app Miiverse access, though it probably had the Home to Miiverse stuff. It's more integrated with the main experience now, at least it seemed that way when I fired it up earlier :)

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

Great way to share favourite locations and even home of favourite sporting teams.
One set of Rundle Mall silver balls coming up.
(PS I live in Adelaide)

mch

mch said:

That's nice.. now let's tag all my friend's houses with something harrharr

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

This is all well and good but wasn't the whole point of not being able to do that because of data-protection? How are they going to monitor that?

Cosats

Cosats said:

@Dr_42o, you can see the posts from the Miiverse but you cannot view the pictures. The pictures can be seen along with the posts only from within the application.

Other features added: Latest posts from users • North/South signs • Distance covered • Toned down guidelines for visited areas • Additional tour locations

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

I'd popped in every once in awhile before the update, but the new features are a huge plus. Yesterday I spent 45 minutes taking my wife on a tour of Las Vegas, then we checked out NYC and Boston... going inside the "orange dot" buildings is super-addictive. And seeing what others have posted and found is a cool way to discovery new places. I'm shocked more people aren't so impressed by Wii Street U. Seems like the kind of thing that would get a mainstream audience's attention if demonstrated correctly on a morning talk show or Ellen or something.... Reggie get on this!