Suda51's Upcoming Project is Not No More Heroes 3

Posted by Andy Green

It's set to be a new franchise

A couple of weeks ago we reported on Grasshopper Manufacture's next project, which was teased by the studio's CEO Goichi Suda - known by many as Suda51.

All that was revealed was new concept artwork, which featured a female protagonist who looks a lot like Shinobu - one of the assassins from the No More Heroes series.

This of course fueled speculation that Suda51 had just revealed a new No More Heroes title and there was plenty of evidence to back it up, what with Yusuku Kozaki - the man behind the series' artwork - being involved.

However, Suda51 has revealed to Siliconera that it is not No More Heroes 3, it is in fact something totally new:

It’s a new IP. It is not No More Heroes 3.

This upcoming project will be the first title Grasshopper Manufacture will release with its new parent company GungHo Online - which acquired the studio in January. Unsurprisingly, it will feature an online element that GungHo will most likely be heavily involved in.

Grasshopper Manufacture is releasing Killer is Dead on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 later this year - it's unknown which platforms the new game will be coming to at this current time.

What are your thoughts on this new project? Are you disappointed it's not No More Heroes 3, or excited about the prospect of a new IP? As ever, let us know in the comments section below.

[via siliconera.com]

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

I still need to play through NMH, nevermind it's sequel. This does look awesome though. :)

Maskeraid

Maskeraid said:

Dang it! I was literally playing NMH2 earlier today. :P. Oh well, hopefully it's a similar premise.

Pichuka97

Pichuka97 said:

I never played the first 2 but I really want to. Port them to Wii U Nintendo.

BossBattles

BossBattles said:

Killer is dead will fulfill my NMH desire this year...
Would like to see a 3rd NMH at some point with travis...with a city intact like the first game....

Weavius

Weavius said:

I want NMH3 but I'd buy a game based around Shinobu. Hopefully, its Wii U bound.

arrmixer

arrmixer said:

Kool definitely looking forward to his next project ... Love the projects suda seems to come up with... :)

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

I remember Suda saying that Nintendo hadn't sent him a development kit long after other publishers had been given theirs. I'm hoping that's the reason why Killer is Dead is not coming our way. Let's hope Nintendo haven't burnt this spangly bridge.

grenworthshero

grenworthshero said:

I've been looking forward to this game since I heard about it last month. Of course, I'd LOVE a new NMH game, but this looks awesome. A cross between Killer7 and No More Heroes? Count me in! I really hope Nintendo keeps up their connections with Suda Goichi during the next gen as I don't think I'll have money for the PS4 for quite some time, and I would hate to miss out on NMH3 if it came time for them to "jump ship"

Peach64

Peach64 said:

Very glad this is a new IP instead of a sequel. Honestly, people moan on here about the state of the industry and yearly sequels, yet everyone wants just wants sequels and remakes when it comes to want games they actually want to see.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

Look, Suda, I'm not calling you a liar, but you are a troll. And I don't consider Shinobu 1 a new IP.

Pod

Pod said:

I love that this guy keeps making new IPs, but that they are so distinctly "Suda51".

I never were much of a hound for sequels, and even if some of his ideas are too much for me, cough, Lollipop Chainsaw, cough, I applaud his inventiveness.