C-Wars Kickstarter Officially Reveals Wii U And 3DS Stretch Goals

Posted by Andy Green

$80,000 will bring it to Wii U

C-Wars was announced as a Kickstarter project recently and Onipunks, the developer behind it, hinted that if enough funding was achieved, it could well make it to Wii U and 3DS.

Well, the studio has now officially added the two systems as stretch goals on the campaign. Should donations reach $65,535 the game will definitely make it to the 3DS and should $80,000 be obtained then a Wii U version will be on the cards.

Other stretch goals include a survival and mercenary mode for $50,000 and $60,000 respectively, you can pick up an iOS version should it bring in $100,000 and PlayStation Vita fans will be hoping it makes it all the way to $200,000.

Set in a post-apocalyptic world, C-Wars is a strategic tower defence game featuring some intricately designed sprites. It's goal is $32,000 and with 26 days to go it has already amassed more than $25,000 in funding.

Would you like to see C-Wars make it to 3DS and Wii U? Which platform would you prefer to play it on? Let us know by dropping a comment below.

[via kickstarter.com, nintendoeverything.com]

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Yes I would love to see it. Can't see how it won't hit 80,000 but who knows. I want it for 3ds anyways!

scottsensei

scottsensei said:

This definitely looks like a game made for 3DS. Want.

That said, good lord $200K for Vita?! Are those dev kits that expensive?

Yellowgerbil

Yellowgerbil said:

There sure are a lot of these kickstarters that keep appearing for the Wii U and 3DS (not that I'm complaining). I would love the game on the 3DS and shall purchase it when released.

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

Time for some support! This game looks seriously awesome! Just go to their page - they already showcase som awesome animation and gameplay samples!

HeatBombastic

HeatBombastic said:

@scottsensei Really? I see it working perfectly on the Gamepad or on a Vita due to the wider screen. Not that it won't work on the 3DS, of course, it'll be a fine game on any platform.

scottsensei

scottsensei said:

@HeatBombastic

Maybe it's the type of pixels. It reminds me a lot of the Battle Network series (one of the reasons I want the game). Just not sure how they would translate to HD televisions. Then again, I am new to the whole HD trend.

MAN1AC

MAN1AC said:

This looks good and I'll probably support.
Goo luck Vita owners lol.

Icefreak45

Icefreak45 said:

Great, low funds dont permit me donating to the kickstarter atm but should it come to the 3ds it's a definite buy. Yet another game to play on my ever growing 3ds :D

IAmNotWill

IAmNotWill said:

I'll probably get the iOS version, but its nice to see the its doing well on Kickstarter so far.

Musharna

Musharna said:

Good luck on the Vita version.

BRB getting 200k from bank to give them the required funds needed for a vita version. lol

Alienfish

Alienfish said:

Insta-buy for me if it comes to Wii U or 3DS. I would prefer it on the console though.

Azikira

Azikira said:

I think I will actually get this for 3DS, the touch screen is very responsive!

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

I hope it reaches the survivor mode and 3DS goals. Will it have online leader boards though for the scores we get? I'd definitely get this then. Looks crazy.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Nice to see Nintendo stretch goals appear before Apple and Sony, so wierd with these Kickstarters

NintendoPro64

NintendoPro64 said:

I can definitely see a lot of indies backing the Wii U, especially with the help of Kickstarter. That said, Nintendo should make an update for the Wii U eShop and 3DS eShop sales rankings that separate indie games from retail ones. :)