C-Wars Kickstarter Officially Reveals Wii U And 3DS Stretch Goals

Posted by Andy Green

$80,000 will bring it to Wii U

C-Wars was announced as a Kickstarter project recently and Onipunks, the developer behind it, hinted that if enough funding was achieved, it could well make it to Wii U and 3DS.

Well, the studio has now officially added the two systems as stretch goals on the campaign. Should donations reach $65,535 the game will definitely make it to the 3DS and should $80,000 be obtained then a Wii U version will be on the cards.

Other stretch goals include a survival and mercenary mode for $50,000 and $60,000 respectively, you can pick up an iOS version should it bring in $100,000 and PlayStation Vita fans will be hoping it makes it all the way to $200,000.

Set in a post-apocalyptic world, C-Wars is a strategic tower defence game featuring some intricately designed sprites. It's goal is $32,000 and with 26 days to go it has already amassed more than $25,000 in funding.

Would you like to see C-Wars make it to 3DS and Wii U? Which platform would you prefer to play it on? Let us know by dropping a comment below.

From the web

Spoony_Tech said:

Yes I would love to see it. Can't see how it won't hit 80,000 but who knows. I want it for 3ds anyways!

scottsensei said:

This definitely looks like a game made for 3DS. Want.

That said, good lord $200K for Vita?! Are those dev kits that expensive?

Yellowgerbil said:

There sure are a lot of these kickstarters that keep appearing for the Wii U and 3DS (not that I'm complaining). I would love the game on the 3DS and shall purchase it when released.

Kaze_Memaryu said:

Time for some support! This game looks seriously awesome! Just go to their page - they already showcase som awesome animation and gameplay samples!

HeatBombastic said:

@scottsensei Really? I see it working perfectly on the Gamepad or on a Vita due to the wider screen. Not that it won't work on the 3DS, of course, it'll be a fine game on any platform.

scottsensei said:

Maybe it's the type of pixels. It reminds me a lot of the Battle Network series (one of the reasons I want the game). Just not sure how they would translate to HD televisions. Then again, I am new to the whole HD trend.

MAN1AC said:

This looks good and I'll probably support.
Goo luck Vita owners lol.

Icefreak45 said:

Great, low funds dont permit me donating to the kickstarter atm but should it come to the 3ds it's a definite buy. Yet another game to play on my ever growing 3ds

IAmNotWill said:

I'll probably get the iOS version, but its nice to see the its doing well on Kickstarter so far.

Musharna said:

Good luck on the Vita version.

BRB getting 200k from bank to give them the required funds needed for a vita version. lol

Alienfish said:

Insta-buy for me if it comes to Wii U or 3DS. I would prefer it on the console though.

Azikira said:

I think I will actually get this for 3DS, the touch screen is very responsive!

Retro_on_theGo said:

I hope it reaches the survivor mode and 3DS goals. Will it have online leader boards though for the scores we get? I'd definitely get this then. Looks crazy.

Haxonberik said:

Nice to see Nintendo stretch goals appear before Apple and Sony, so wierd with these Kickstarters

NintendoPro64 said:

I can definitely see a lot of indies backing the Wii U, especially with the help of Kickstarter. That said, Nintendo should make an update for the Wii U eShop and 3DS eShop sales rankings that separate indie games from retail ones.