The Amazing Spider-Man: Ultimate Edition Revealed By Amazon

Posted by Andy Green

Swinging into the Wii U launch window

Marvel revealed earlier this year at the New York Comic Con that The Amazing Spider-Man - a game that's been on other consoles for a while now - would be making the move to Wii U in Spring 2013.

Online retailer Amazon has now listed the game as available for pre-order and gives it a release date of 5th March, 2013.

According to Amazon, the game is now known as The Amazing Spider-Man: Ultimate Edition and has a whole host of new features that weren't available in the first editions.

The main difference in the Ultimate Edition is of course the introduction of the Wii U's GamePad, which allows everyone's favourite neighbourhood web-slinger to navigate the cities map, use his in-game cellphone, accept challenges and have access to all of his upgrades at the touch of the screen. All of the DLC that has been released for the other versions will also be featured, including the Stan Lee Adventure Pack, Lizard Rampage Pack, Rhino Challenge, and Oscorp Search and Destroy Pack.

This reveal is by no means an official confirmation and we have no news on any release dates outside of the United States just yet. We'll keep you posted as soon as we hear it.

What are your thoughts on this Ultimate Edition? Looking forward to singing your way through New York City as Spider-Man? Let us know in the comments below.

[via amazon.com, gamepur.com]

CrimsonMoonMist

CrimsonMoonMist said:

The original game was fun if a bit too simple for comfort
so I look forward to see how this version'll turn out.

krunchykhaos

krunchykhaos said:

My instinct says dont hold your breath but considering the timing this could be one of the better ports.

HawkeyeWii

HawkeyeWii said:

I have it on 3DS, but that version doesn't have NYC free roam which is usually the main reason I get these games. The feeling of swinging around NYC in Spider-man games, is an experience unlike any other videogame has to offer. So I will most likely pick this up!

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

I remember seeing that when they announced it at the NY Comic con 2012, then they showed other games, but the best part of that is when Deadpool came out of nowhere and then everybody danced and then he said things about his new game

HawkeyeWii

HawkeyeWii said:

@Red_Kinetic If it didn't then this would be the dumbest game ever on the Wii U. The 3DS is great, I never expected that one to have free roam. It is amazing to have a Spider-man adventure game with you on the go.
I really wish they would make Batman games as often as Spider-man games. Like sheesh there is a Spider-man game announced every year.
It would be amazing if DC made an Ultimate Alliance esque game for their Universe.

Dogpigfish

Dogpigfish said:

Was pretty good on ps3, but is purely a fan favorite. If you aren't a fan of Spider-Man, this game won't change that.

RetroGBHippie92

RetroGBHippie92 said:

I don't get it, why release a movie game like a year after the flick has come out? I know that The Amazing Spiderman game isn't solely based on the movie, but if we are gonna get PS3 or 360 ports, they should be out at the same time, looks like our new console is gonna suffer in terms of third party support for the next year.

UnseatingKDawg

UnseatingKDawg said:

I was going to get the 360 version, but if this is coming out for Wii U, I should hopefully have one then, so I think I'd be getting this version instead.

RetroGBHippie92

RetroGBHippie92 said:

@Void Well of course, I was speaking generally.
@Jellitoe Yes, that is a good example, as is Epic Mickey 2, However I feel like Nintendo should be going into maximum overdrive with looking for Third Parties to release their titles across ALL platforms at the same time. I know they've said recently that they would like to work closely with other developers, but they can only do so much and we reallly need the Wii U to become more successful. Calling the Wii U successful at the moment is a bit too early to say, what with devs dismissing the Wii U as not being next gen or just not powerful enough because of the CPU.

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

sadly spidey games are never to good only web of shadows was good least to me :P but i think it be interesting to see reviews of this port would be nice to pick up when it lowers price i like how it will have all DLC :)

theperson

theperson said:

@crumpledpapyrus YAY! Thats the reason i didnt get it for wii
I really liked the open world in ultimate spiderman and was dissappointed when shattered dimensions was just levels with no open world. The controls worked perfectly with Ultimate so I hope this does the same