Thundercats Let Loose On DS October 30th

Posted by Orla Madden

Feel the magic, hear the roar

An official trailer for Thundercats has finally put a release date in place for the DS action epic. The game had previously been scheduled for a North American release September this year, but was pushed back a month.

The side-scrolling action game follows the first six episodes of the rebooted Thundercats series where players will battle through action, controlling the heroic Lion-O, as they run, jump, and slash their way through Mumma-Ra and his evil forces in an true Thundercats experience.

Players will also be able to summon Tygra, Cheetara, Panthro, and WilyKat from the hit animated series while collecting memorial cards as they complete their goals throughout the game.

There's a new date for your games calender. Will you be picking up Thundercats for DS?

Let's also remind ourselves of why the original Thundercats cartoon series was so amazing:

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

Call me when there's a Wii U brawler/RPG of Thundercats ready to take my money.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Love the show, really wish they would have step this up to the 3DS, but since it's targeted at kids of younger age, there are bound to be more DS then 3DS user base... hope to see more Thundercats games in the future.

Dreadjaws

Dreadjaws said:

It should be titled: Generic Brawler DS: The Game (guest starring Thundercats).

OorWullie

OorWullie said:

After all these years we finally get a Thundercats game and it looks rubbish.Loved it as a kid along with He-man and had all the toys.A LOZ style game of either of these classics could be amazing.The cast and stories are already there so all we need is the right dev.someone like Monolith or Retro to bring it into HD with an art style like the original cartoons and the dark story and we have game of the year.Fighting Skeletor in Castle Greyskull or Mumm-ra with Skyward Sword controls sounds awesome to me :-)

rayword45

rayword45 said:

The new cartoon blasted the old in my opinion.

However, nothing will beat Sym-Bionic Titan when it comes to action cartoons for me. BRING IT BACK CN/[AS]

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

I hate to sound like an old stick in the mud but while I like the new series's art style I still prefer the original Thunder Cats.

I do think that Thunder Cats would make for one of the few good modern licensed games, Sorta like the current Batman ones.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

Maybe its because I wasn't around to appreciate when it aired but that intro made me lol, it seemed so amusingly stupid to me.

Joygame51

Joygame51 said:

No thanks! Even though I loved the old cartoon on TV , I just don't think this is gonna' do it for me. pity !!