Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 3DS Getting Japanese November Release

Posted by Damien McFerran

Enter the Magna Gate and the Infinite Labyrinth

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Magna Gate and the Infinite Labyrinth will launch on the Nintendo 3DS in Japan on November 23rd, it has been confirmed.

The latest instalment in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series, this first 3DS entry apparently allows you to take photos of real-world objects using the 3DS camera and transform them into dungeons. Bonkers.

There's no word on when the game will be hitting Western shores, but once we know we'll post something up.

In the meantime, check out this trailer:

[via vg247.com, siliconera.com]

warvad

warvad said:

Sure that when shouldn't be an if? The WiiWare Pokemon mystery dungeons were never localized.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

Whoa, so soon?
I didn't they it would arrive in Japan that quickly.

Gives hope for a fast localisation.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

New games get announced for Japan and get released in under 2 months. As for Europe and NA...well that's not so true...
Anyway - I'll probably buy this if/when it gets localised. I greatly enjoyed all the DS Mystery Dungeon games. Let's just hope it retains its charm.

DrMetroid

DrMetroid said:

I've always had a love/hate relationship with the Mystery Dungeon series. I felt the first two were too bare and repetitive, but thought the later were a bit more filled out and I enjoyed them. This one looks like another step forward so maybe I'll love this one.

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

It looks really good! And playing as a cute pikachu is reason enough to buy this game!

Arianabtd

Arianabtd said:

I love all the Pokemon mystery dungeon games, So I'm really hoping that this one will be better then the older ones.

ShadJV

ShadJV said:

Hm. I'll admit the camera feature disappoints me. But I don't fully get it. These randomly generated dungeons that the camera makes... is that how all the dungeons are made? Does it dictate which Pokemon appear? I liked being able to know that, if a friend finds a certain Pokemon in a dungeon, I could go to that same dungeon; the layout obviously always has been randomly generated, but the Pokemon were more consistent. Well, I guess maybe we'll know more closer to release, but right now I'm on the fence with the changes...

Highwinter

Highwinter said:

@warvad Because the Wii Ware service was pretty much dead on arrival. These are new DS Pokemon games, they will definitely be localised. Even Nobunaga's Ambition and Pikachu's Typing have been released over here.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

@ShadJV

Thats what I'm wondering as well. What determines what type of dungeon and pokemon you will find? At any rate If Monster Rancher and Invisimals are any indication it should be a fun twist.

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

Day 1 purchase as soon as it's localised, always been a fan of the Mystery Dungeon series! I hate having to wait for a release date elsewhere.

Emaan

Emaan said:

Japan seems to be getting every major 3DS game at the end of this year, while in the west we get...Sticker Star. I'll wait for 2013 though, where they seem to have pushed everything back to. :p

RudysaurusRex

RudysaurusRex said:

Where are the good Pokemon? Stupid Gen 5 will never be good, even with cool 3d Mystery Dungeon graphics. Wait... I want this.

Lt_Kieteh

Lt_Kieteh said:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is cool, now 3D? THATS AWESOME!! Even if it doesn't come out in english I'm still gonna buy the Japanesse version if I can... are japanesse games compatable with an american 3DS?