Rumour: Fire Emblem 3DS Hitting Europe In January 2013

Posted by Damien McFerran

UK retailer posts launch date

UK online entertainment retailer Zavvi has listed the forthcoming 3DS tactical RPG Fire Emblem: Awakening on its site with a release date of 25th January, 2013.

We've previously not had any precise date given to us by Nintendo - all the company will say is that the game is due to hit the west sometime in 2013.

While retailers have a habit of guessing this kind of thing, this could well be the real deal. The game is already available in Japan (it launched back in April), so it's not totally outside the realms of possibility that the English-language version could be out by early next year.

Anyone in the UK willing to chance a pre-order?

[via gonintendo.com, zavvi.com]

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

Its become one of my favorite games. I totally recommend this one. I play it more than Monster Hunter 3G now :)

SirSmugleaf

SirSmugleaf said:

That would be great, but, like for all rumours, i'll take it as a pinch of salt (or however the saying goes!)!

ArmPit

ArmPit said:

Played the one that came free as an ambassador game for a good few hours. Then one of my team died and they seem to die permanently. I hated that idea personally, does this one result in the same perma-loss when a team member dies?

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

@Armpit You have the option of turning it off, but I never do. There isn't that same sense of danger. All of the titles have that element though, whether optional or not. I save constantly, and when a team member is killed I start over, and re-think my strategy. I have yet to actually lose a member, but I do restart a lot. I get more of a sense of accomplishment that way.

fchinaski

fchinaski said:

Great, it will be my first Fire Emblem! I would love to play all of them in order, but I have to admit that I never got my head around the timeline thanks to the convoluted Western releases. Is this one part of a broader timeline or a stand-alone title?

FJLink

FJLink said:

It's not just an "English-language version". It's a "Multi5-language version", at least for Europe, (which was said to get it earlier) and you should keep that in mind. Anyways, I don't know if we should trust Zavvi about this, but I hope we get it before April :]

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

@fchinaski Its mostly a stand-alone title, though the main story does make a lot of references to Marth, but you don't really have to know too much about him to enjoy this game. Anyway the DS remake of the first FE title could serve as a nice starter for you before you get this one.

Though, the DLC is ALL references and callbacks to previous FE titles, so you'd miss a lot there. Some of the DLC are remakes of levels from older titles, complete with the music and everything.

fchinaski

fchinaski said:

@Tsuchinoko
I see, thanks for the info! I'll try to learn more about the series and maybe play the GBA/DS games before getting this one, like you said.

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

Here's hoping. I've just been really anticipating this lately, considering it will be my first official plunge into the Fire Emblem world. I even had a dream about it last night.

Emaan

Emaan said:

January 2013? Sounds pretty real. Hopefully North America gets a similar release date.

Ai64

Ai64 said:

Here's hoping it comes sooner than better. DLC shall be awsome. :)

H_Hunter

H_Hunter said:

I wonder why UK has to get the games before US?
It's all in English so nothing to be done further in the US version. Besides, isn't the US market bigger than UK's?

Hokori

Hokori said:

I want! But maybe first I should get better at these types of games, I'm not good at advance wars or the other 2 FE games I own (SS and RD)

Void

Void said:

That would be nice, but it seems like it would take atleast a year to translate, especially when you consider every possible support conversation.
@HarmoKnight, Sacred Stones is often credited as the easiest in the series, because you get The Tower of Valni after chapter 9 I think, which, if played right, lets you get every unit premoted easily, and the class structure is much closer to Awakening than Radiant Dawn is, and Radiant Dawn loves to screw you by forcing you to play as the Dawn Brigade who are seriously under-leveled comapred to the Greil Mercenarys who you also get to control.
And, (If you haven't gotten to the 4th part of the game.) SPOILER.

You also end up having the DB fight the Greil Mercenarys, (While controling the DB.) which, unless you retreat to the opposite side of the map, ends up with every member of the DB getting mulched

END SPOILER.

Beta

Beta said:

I wonder what happens to the DLC if you start a new game anyway... And for how much will it be... Other than that I am hyped! 8D
But I would appreciate it if someone can shed some light on me with the DLC stuff XD

Magnet_Man018

Magnet_Man018 said:

Awesome rumor indeed. By the way, does anyone know if it will have an online multiplayer, cooperative or competitive?

AVahne

AVahne said:

Waiting...still waiting.
@Magnet_Man018
There is no online multiplayer whatsoever. There is local multiplayer in the form of an arena challenge where you and a friend each choose one character and then utilize the Double system to fight through 4-5 sets of enemies.

AVahne

AVahne said:

@Void
On hard difficulty that would be the case. On normal and easy, if you care enough to train Edward, he holds up well enough against the Greil Mercs. IF you train him enough.