3DS XL and Upcoming Titles Head to Comic-Con

Posted by James Newton

Mario and more

Nintendo will once again show off new games and hardware at Comic-Con International in San Diego this weekend.

From 12th to 15th July attendees can try the new 3DS XL and upcoming titles like New Super Mario Bros. 2, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow — Mirror of Fate.

There'll be no Wii U presence there, but Wii fans can try out Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition. On DS, go hands-on with Pokémon Conquest.

If you're heading to Comic-Con, have a blast.

Nintendo News: Nintendo Reveals Comic-Con 2012 Lineup, Including Nintendo 3DS XL

Comic-Con 2012
REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- At this year’s Comic-Con International 2012 event taking place July 12-15 at the San Diego Convention Center, members of the general public will enjoy an early chance to get their hands on Nintendo 3DS XL, a new version of the Nintendo 3DS system with 90 percent larger screens that launches Aug. 19.

In addition to Nintendo’s booth at the show (#5135), multiple activities will take place at a special Nintendo Gaming Lounge in the San Diego Ballroom at the Marriott Marquis & Marina at 333 W. Harbor Drive, adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center. A Comic-Con badge is not required to gain entry to the Nintendo Gaming Lounge.

Games that are scheduled to be playable at the Nintendo Gaming Lounge include:

Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo 3DS XL

New Super Mario Bros. 2
Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate (Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.)
HEROES OF RUIN (Square Enix)
KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] (Square Enix)
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
Nintendo DS family

Pokémon Conquest
Wii

Kirby’s Dream Collection: Special Edition
Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

These events never happen near me. Oh well, looks like it will be fun for those in attendance.

WiiULoveGBA

WiiULoveGBA said:

James, are u guys doing a review/impressions of the 3DS XL ? Ive read a few on other UK based sites.

Bobhobob

Bobhobob said:

there are 3 reasons that I would ever go to San Diego
1)This
2)Chargers games (Football)
3)The Wiener Dog Race Nationals (look it up on youtube)

Ron_DelVillanoStaff

Ron_DelVillano said:

I'll be excited to get my hands on the 3DS XL.

I'm not at all convinced that I'll be buying one anytime soon, but I'd like to check out the hardware before I completely write it off.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

I'm adamant about picking up a 3DS XL, due in part to my fascination with drawing on a touch-screen, the benefits of drawing on a larger touch-screen, and the failing touch-screen of my current 3DS.

My avatar was drawn on Colors! 3D, and was quite a popular piece on the Colors site that week. I'm looking forward to drawing more on Colors! 3D, as well as Art Academy 3D in about 18 days time.

paburrows

paburrows said:

Awesome! I'm going on Friday & Saturday! Man I can't wait for all of the Street Passing, since I've been pretty dry for awhile now and still need 4 Mario Tennis pieces.

FudgeNugget

FudgeNugget said:

Awesome! Gonna get the 3DS XL, and this time, I'll try to go to the Comic Con. It'll be...like a dream.

Fudgenuggets

Fudgenuggets said:

Wish I could get someone to drive me over to San Diego. I only live like 2 hours away. D:
Also, I'm still waiting for my Animal Crossing: Jump Out info. D:<

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

There's so many games coming out now, It's great. I'll save a couple for my xmas wishes.