Sing Along to Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise in July

Posted by Mike Mason

Better late than never

Great news, music fans — the latest edition of the musical equivalent of WarioWare, Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise is bringing the party to Europe on 6th July. It's been out in North America since February under the slightly snappier name Rhythm Heaven Fever.

Perhaps to make up for the late release, Nintendo has prepared an extra present for the European version: you'll be able to select between the English and Japanese audio tracks. Long-time Rhythm Heaven players might attest that a few of the songs in DS' Rhythm Paradise lost something in the translation to English last time, so this is a neat way to side-step any issues and let people experience the best of both worlds.

You've got plenty of time to re-read our review to see what all the excitement's about before July. You'd best perfect your rhythm — if past entries have taught us anything, you're going to need it.

Stu_Dee_Jay

Stu_Dee_Jay said:

Same here! I'm so stoked about this. I was seriously considering importing a Japanese Wii to have the privilege of playing it as intended.

CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto said:

I hope the American versions of Rhythm Heaven's 3DS and Wii U installments include both English and Japanese audio. Anyways, Congrats Europe on getting more options with this. I probably would've gotten impatient waiting for this to come out if I had to wait even longer than February.

ville10

ville10 said:

Finally a release date! Glad to be able to play in Japanese, but waiting till July will be difficult...

Quiz112

Quiz112 said:

Meh I would've gladly waited till July to get the japanese audio as well.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Glad for you Europe. The game is really awesome, and that Japanese language option sounds cool. The US localization was pretty good, though.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Ah, 6 July! I almost thought they had forgotten!

Anyway, this title and maybe the new Epic Mickey and the Kirby collection are the last titles I buy for Wii (I guess)!

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

Honestly, the English translation in this one was much better than the DS outing. I would go even as far as saying the Japanese audio was worse.

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

I almost bought the US version to support the localization, but really, if Nintendo isn't going to give long time series fans what they wanted (like they did here), I'll save my cash. Almost sounds like they received enough grief for not putting Japanese in the US release and changed it up for Europe... so you're welcome. :)