Samurai Shodown IV Europe-Bound Next Week

Posted by James Newton

Unsheathe your sword

Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge will slice up Wii's Virtual Console next week.

The Neo Geo fighter launches on 8th March for the usual 900 Nintendo Points. It's most notable for introducing brothers Kazuki and Sougetsu Kazama, as well as alternative endings based on clearance time and an overhauled combo and Rage system.

It's just one of the many Virtual Console games set for Europe in March.

Will you pick it up next week?

[via nintendo.co.uk]

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Got the collection on Wii so no. I lost interest in the series after the second game.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

Out of all the Samurai Shodown games, I like 1, 2, 4 and 5 Special the most due to their balance gameplay and gruesome fatalities.

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

I like SS IV, but we need Neo Geo games that are not on a game collection already on the Wii. Last Blade.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Last Blade isn't even released in Japan yet. We're still playing catch up.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

How about Kizuna Encounters then, eh? Japan's had that for a while now. Bout time the rest of us got it.

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

problem is, anybody intested in this will have already hunted down the samurai showdown anthology anyway. so i don`t see that it`s gonna sell too well on the VC unfortunately.

Gavin_Rozee

Gavin_Rozee said:

We're also getting these on the 8th:

3DS: Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters, Fun Fun Minigolf TOUCH!

Wii: Mega Man X.

Source: UK Nintendo Channel.

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

i'd like to see SNK vs Capcom: SVC chaos, last blade, twinkle stars sprites, top hunter: roddy and cathy on the V.C. games that haven't been on the SNK classics volume one game.

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

Yes I agree that Nintendo needs to release more games that weren't already released on collection packages. They also need to release more SNES and N64 titles.

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

Do i not understand the picture comment "Victoly" or is that a misspelled Victory?

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@vonseux Yeah, it's one of the fan favorites, along with the first two games. It's my least favorite, though. There's just something about it I don't like...it's still good, though.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Nostalgia is a wonderful thing sometimes. I wish I had fond memories like that. I guess I do for Battlefront 2...

CrimsonMoonMist

CrimsonMoonMist said:

Love it, my favorite Samsho title,
already got it on my Neo Geo CDZ,
but I have no issue with buying it again.