Professor Layton and the Last Specter Trailer

Posted by James Newton

Still life in the DS dog yet

Professor Layton isn't done with DS yet, as his fourth DS outing Professor Layton and the Last Specter is coming to North America later this year.

To gear up for the genius and his boy companion's next outing, we've got a trailer showing what you can expect from the final 2D outing in the series.

Will you be picking this one up?

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

I can't wait for this game! Just like every other game in the Layton series this one should be great! This and Kirby: Mass Attack will probably be my final DS buys.

Hoffkage

Hoffkage said:

yeeeeessssss

If it doesnt come with the 100 hours RPG then there will be consecuences. **rages**

Henmii

Henmii said:

"No voice acting in the trailer????"

Yeah, that surprised me too! Nice trailer though.

JimmyWhale

JimmyWhale said:

Screenshots look super nice! Really dig the creepiness of this one. Now, if I could just be moved to pick up the first three Layton games...

Henmii

Henmii said:

"Now, if I could just be moved to pick up the first three Layton games..."

Here, I'll move you! Here's a kick under your ! And now get them!

Just joking! The first 3 are very good. Nice stories, nice graphics, nice music and of course nice puzzles! Good for your brain. When you are in the mood, get them!

By the way: They should have called it Specters flute. The last Specter sounds to similar to The last time travel! But here in Holland it was called "verloren toekomst". Wich you could translate as Lost future.

And one last thing about voice-acting: Since the second one we dutch people only get dutch voice-acting wich is pretty bad compared to the english voice-acting found in the first one. I emailed Nintendo about this but no dice: The third one had even worse dutch voice-acting then the second one! Nintendo just thinks: This is aimed at casuals and casuals don't need English. What a pity. I guess I'll buy the fourth one since I just like those games, but just know we again will see bad dutch voice-acting. It can't be helped!