LEGO Onslaught Continues With LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7

Posted by James Newton

The excitement is building

Fact: LEGO video games sell well. Fact: Harry Potter tie-ins sell well. Fact: Nintendo consoles sell well. Can you see where this is going? Yes, Warner Bros. has announced the official video game of the tail end of the Harry Potter saga, with LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 coming to all current Nintendo formats this year.

Wii, DS and 3DS owners will be able to join in the wizard's final adventures later this year, with the game taking the final three books/four films and turning them into the series' trademark puzzles, platforms and humorous cut scenes.

Expect to see the culmination of Harry's blocky adventures on shelves in the run-up to Christmas.

WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT, TT GAMES AND THE LEGO GROUP ANNOUNCE LEGO ® HARRY POTTERTM: YEARS 5-7

New Game Connects the Bricks of the Final Chapters The Wizarding World Will Never Be the Same

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games and the LEGO Group are pleased to announce that LEGO ® Harry Potter™: Years 5-7, the follow-up to the hit game LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, will be available Q4 2011 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, the NGP system, the Wii™ system, the Nintendo DS™ and Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held systems and Windows PC.

Based on the last three Harry Potter books and final four films, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 takes players through Harry Potter’s heroic adventures in the Muggle and wizarding worlds. From Privet Drive in Little Whinging to Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade and Hogwarts – plus new locations including Grimmauld Place, the Ministry of Magic, and Godric’s Hollow – players will encounter new faces, new challenges and new magic, preparing them for the ultimate face-off against Lord Voldemort™.

“In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7, we are giving gamers a truly epic conclusion to the most successful movie franchise in history with delightful gameplay for fans of all ages,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games. “We have built upon the first game and are giving fans even more magical abilities, puzzle solving and exploration, in addition to our distinctive brand of hilarious LEGO humour and charm.”

“LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 offers Harry Potter and LEGO fans an immersive experience that is fun and accessible for players of all ages,” said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Development and Production, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “With this game, TT Games captures everything fans love about the Harry Potter universe – and adds a distinct LEGO twist.”

“This game is a game of magic! LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 distils the drama and action of Harry Potter‘s magical world, and then gives players the chance to immerse themselves in their favourite characters and environments, where they can discover new adventures and have great fun,” said Lisbeth Valther Pallesen, Executive Vice President, LEGO CED. “TT Games has successfully combined a deep appreciation of the Harry Potter story with signature LEGO humour and superior production capabilities in another fantastic LEGO video game.”

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 builds upon the magical gameplay, lessons and potion-making skills learned in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 to equip gamers with the tools necessary to challenge a host of new foes and some familiar ones (including He Who Must Not Be Named). The upcoming title is action-packed from start to finish, including loads of new lessons, spells, and bonus content for hours of family friendly gaming.

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 is being developed by TT Games and will be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.

Related Games

CapedGodot

CapedGodot said:

I hope that they fix the numerous glitches that were in the first game. Also, I've heard a rumor about Lego The Hobbit, which might coincide with the release of the Hobbit movies. I hope it becomes more than a rumor.

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

yea would be good or maybe lego back to the future 21.1 jigawatts marty

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I've heard these LEGO games are fun but I've had zero interest in any of them... I'd much rather play with 'em than game with 'em, but that's me. Now, if they do a LEGO Ghostbusters videogame, I'm ALL IN! :P

JeanLuc_Vaycard

JeanLuc_Vaycard said:

Ugh I'm getting a bit lego'd out. Starting to feel like all the Lego games are getting a bit milked now.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Lego Harry Potter 1-4 Wii was/is very good. Probably second in the Lego series only to Lego Star Wars Complete (1&2). Will be getting this even though I've played all of the lego games except Pirates (which I WON'T be getting). Add to that I'm a big fan of the books and films....

Don't forget, Lego HP 1-4 is generally regarded as the best Harry Potter video game. Maybe that's not saying much (since Order of the Pheonix is really the only really good HP game), but that's still a decent achievement.

Insta-buy

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Hell yeah, I can't wait. I loved the Wii version and I am currently playing the DS version.

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

I really enjoyed the first one (to my surprise) so i'll likely buy this. Is this coming to non-Nintendo consoles? One would think but it would sort of make sense to focus on Nintendo platforms since I don't believe these games sell as well on PS3/360 (do they??)

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

Never really played the first one, but I played a LOT of Lego Star Wars when I was a pre-teen, and I like Harry Potter, so I might play this one.

TikiTong

TikiTong said:

Well i hope they put in something that makes the game stand out from past LEGO titles,unlike 1-4

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

I was obviously expecting this, but it's nice to see an official announcement. Even though it's only with Legos, I hope they make the kids look older in this one.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I was wondering when this was going to come out. Should have figured it was going to come out around the same time as the last movie.

MadScientistMan

MadScientistMan said:

my favorite lego game would have to be bionicle heroes for ds, could we have a hero factory (bionicles succesor) shooter with character customization and online play, now that would be a good lego game

Bugpy

Bugpy said:

if this is as good as the wii version this will be a must get for me.