Rejoin Master Higgins with Adventure Island II on Friday

Posted by James Newton

First of three on the way

We know that there are three Adventure Island games coming to Virtual Console, and the trio of island-bound adventures kicks off this Friday with Adventure Island II for 500 Points.

Hudson hero Master Higgins still has his faithful axe as well as the ability to join forces with four dinosaurs, each with unique abilities that come into play as he adventures across land, under the sea and in the air.

Hopefully the following weeks will bring 16-bit follow-ups Super Adventure Island and Super Adventure Island II.

Virtual Console – Adventure Island II
(HUDSON SOFT, 500 Wii Points)
Master Higgins is back in the second instalment of the classic Adventure Island series. This time, the Evil Witch Doctor and his monsters have taken over the island and captured Higgins's sweetheart too.

In order to save her, you must guide Higgins through eight island stages of increasing difficulty. Along the way, you’ll encounter numerous enemies and obstacles, culminating in a battle that will test your abilities to their limits.

As well as relying on your wits, Higgins can draw on the service of his trusty axe and enlist the help of four dinosaurs, each with different abilities to aid you on your journey across land, sea and even air. With the help of his companions, only Master Higgins can restore peace to the island and save the damsel in distress.

Link79

Link79 said:

What about Adventure Island 3 or possibly the 4th Japan only game released as an Import? Shouldn't leave those out.

CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto said:

We should get 3 & import 4 eventually, the SNES games are ESRB rated right now

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

Super rad! :D
I remember playing bits and parts of AI2 back on the NES, but i was much more familur with the original. Honestly, there hasn't been a VC release that has interested me in quite some time, but finally this is it.

But yup, the current state of the VC as everybody knows is pathetic. Developers seem to have abandoned it, and Nintendo doesn't seem to even give a damn. Too many killer titles not being released...

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

I loved Adventure Island on the GB (which was based on Adventure Island II NES). Might download it to see it in full color.

WanderFan91

WanderFan91 said:

Good game, better than the first Adventure Island, imo (I played the Game Boy port of Adventure Island II) :)

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

THIS was the 1st AI that I played so it will be nice to finally get re-aquainted and finish what I started all those years ago. I too look forward to AI3 so hopefully no blind eye will be turned to it.

Vinsanity

Vinsanity said:

Suh-weet! I'm hoping that the US gets it the following monday. That is how it happens often enough, so I'm happy for you guys in the EU, but I'm excited because it's within sight for us Americans now too!