Podcast: NLFM Episode 18: Rageful Streets and Happy Dinosaurs

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Missed weeks? What?

Remember when we said NLFM was going to be weekly? Well, we kind of fudged that for the past couple of weeks. Sorry!

But we're back with a fiery fever in this episode, where gangsters are punched, pianos diddled and dinosaurs remembered.

1. MONSTER! MONSTER! — Penny Arcade
2. Yuzo Koshiro — Go Straight (Streets of Rage 2, Genesis/Mega Drive)
3. Naoki Kodaka — Aflorious (Super Fantasy Zone, Genesis/Mega Drive)
4. BladiatorOh, Say Can Yoshi (Yoshi's Story OC Remix)
5. Yasunori Shiono — To The Future (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals, SNES)

Get the Flash Player to see this player.

In case you've missed out on the fun so far, NLFM generally focuses on music from games playable on Nintendo consoles and handhelds, which, thanks to the Virtual Console, also includes the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and Master System, Turbografx-16, Neo Geo and Commodore 64. It's not all games either as we highlight musicians and albums we really like, as well as your own original gaming compositions.

To prevent the four-week delays that come with missing episodes, subscribe to our Podcast feed or download it using this direct link. You can also find us on iTunes (don't forget to rate us!) and also drop original compositions of yours you'd like us to play on the show in our Soundcloud dropbox.

zezhyrule

zezhyrule said:

Yeah, I was wondering where it's been D:
no slacking!

Nice song choices, I have Oh Say Can Yoshi on my DSi :3

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

Cool to see this posted. Don't worry about apologizing for being late, it's a podcast, these things happen, people need to get over it. :P

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

The SoR2 soundtrack is so awesome, Yuzo Koshiro is the man!

James

James said:

Awesome, thanks for the Streets of Rage track Jon. I'd be happy with an SoR NLFM special, incidentally...

Lotice-Paladin

Lotice-Paladin said:

Streets of Rage takes me back, my best childhood game that I've played countless times.

I still need to get Super Fantasy Zone though to complete my collection...and the music on there is just epic, I like Don't Stop although it loops after 30 seconds.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Good ol SOR2, got 2 tracks covered and need to cover some more in the future...

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

I had been wondering about this as well. Also, why is there such a long quiet period at the end?

Yadoking

Yadoking said:

Posted too early, heh, great music selection as always. I also really want to try Lufia II now as well.