Prepare for Dragon Quest VI with A New Trailer

Posted by James Newton

Six appeal

It's just one week until gamers in North America can get their hands on another slice of Japanese RPG action, with the long-awaited release of Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation on Nintendo DS.

Previously only available in Japan, the game is making its Western debut in North America on Monday February 14th, and Nintendo has released a new trailer to get you in the mood. While the game's graphics belie its Super NES origins, and it likely won't entice new gamers in the same way as Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies, it's already sold over 1.2 million copies in Japan alone. Whether it can repeat this success in North America remains to be seen, but stay tuned for our review coming shortly.

Rensch

Rensch said:

Looks great. I like how, besides the updated visuals, there's still a sort of SNES vibe to it.

Iggy

Iggy said:

I just beat Dragon Quest 9 yesterday so ill be getting this soon. Even tho that was my first dragon quest game im allready a big fan of the series. Hopefully this game has just as much things to do in 9 because I may have beat the game but im not even close to completing it.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I am extremely excited about this game! As much as I enjoyed Dragon Quest IX, I have a feeling that I am going to enjoy this game even more. This will probably be the last Dragon Quest game on the DS. I can't wait to see what this series is going to look like when it comes to the 3DS!:)

Nintendo_723

Nintendo_723 said:

I need to start making a list of all the games I'd like to have, since theres like a +million games I want. With this being around in my top 5 :)

freakpower70

freakpower70 said:

I really prefer the Japanese commercials where they actually have people dress up as the characters.

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

Looks pretty cool, but I still need to pick up DQIX before I even think about buying this.