GoldenEye Storyline Trailer Takes Us Behind the Scenes

Posted by Trevor Chan

Plot lines, tanks, and more!

When GoldenEye 007 launches next month, it will undoubtedly offer gamers a lot that wasn't available in the Nintendo 64 original. Online play might be taking the centre spotlight, but the game's narrative will also play an important part in James Bond's 2010 return.

Bruce Feirstein, screenwriter for the GoldenEye film, has been brought in to update the game's narrative and make it more relevant to today's topical social issues. This modern remake will re-tell the GoldenEye story with more opportunities for the characters to interact with each other and offer the players more gameplay than before. Feirstein will be bringing his touch of humour to the game as evident in the cheeky dialogue that players will be able to eavesdrop on.

In this behind-the-scenes video, you'll see one of the more iconic vehicles in the game make it from conception to its in-game appearance, and as the game's art director Rob Cowper says:

I guarantee you, it will be incredible.

The Story - Behind the scenes:

On top of that, we're bringing you the trailer that talks us through the villains, new choices that players have compared to the original game, and the 25 weapons that are at the player's disposal when taking out their enemies. For Queen and country, readers.

Villains, new choices, and weapons:

FunderThucker

FunderThucker said:

The graphics are pretty stunning imo. Maybe it's because my eyes haven't "adjusted" to HD, but this looks really good!

Oregano

Oregano said:

You guys should pay more attention to the Goldeneye thread in the Wii section. We have all these videos AND more!

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Can't wait to play this game with everybody here online! Looks like I might have to beat the single player game first though.

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

I never played the original Goldeneye (wasn't alive then) but I'd love to try this. I'd also love to see the videos. :(

timp29

timp29 said:

This is starting to look pretty damn solid. I really hope this game is awesome.

RantingThespian

RantingThespian said:

I am SO happy that I pre-ordered this! I am going to wake up November 2nd, eat breakfast, head to the town hall and vote, then head to gamestop and grab myself Goldeneye!

Then I won't be sleeping for about a week!!!!

lex0plex

lex0plex said:

@LuWiiGi
Download Project 64 and the Goldeneye ROM right NOW!

At first I thought the graphics were gamecube quality, but they're looking better then the original videos! Can't wait!