Following on the last update we posted on the turn-based game, it seems the JRPG Arc Rise Fantasia's North American release has slipped back by about a month. The game has now gone gold and will be released on July 27.
For more information on this title, check out the latest press release below:
Experience an unforgettable JRPG experience unlike anything on the Nintendo Wii
Arc Rise Fantasia explores uncharted territory on the Nintendo Wii. A new turn-based Japanese RPG with a beautiful anime-inspired art style, Arc Rise Fantasia offers western Wii players the quintessential JRPG experience for which they have been waiting. Players will jump into the shoes of L’Arc, a composed mercenary who sets out to defend the Meridian Empire from an impending invasion of mysterious creatures. After assembling a party of allies, each with a unique set of abilities and fiery personalities, players embark on a perilous journey filled with vile enemies and treacherous dungeons. Players summon mystical creatures and work with their party to execute massive and strategic attacks. Arc Rise Fantasia features deep gameplay, stellar production values, and an unforgettable story.
- From the creators of the critically-acclaimed Luminous Arc comes the first true epic role-playing game exclusively for the Nintendo Wii.
- Combines beautiful anime 2D art with meticulously rendered 3D graphics to push the envelope of the Wii’s graphical capabilities.
- Cherished Japanese fantasy role-playing filled with humor, airships, dragons, fiendish monsters and perilous dungeons.
- Delivers a harrowing story of friendship, betrayal and salvation through a memorable cast of characters and more than 70,000 lines of dialogue.
- Truly sophisticated level of character, magic, item and weapon customization throughout the experience as players visit unique shops, towns and merchants.
- Innovative battle system offers unique flexibility and lets you play how you want to play – use all your characters or strategically queue a few key characters to maximize dangerous encounters.
- Progressive scan and true 16:9 widescreen support for the Wii.
- A massive action-packed tale offering more than 60 hours of thrilling gameplay.
- Music by legendary composer Yasunori Mitsuda, who composed music for classic titles such as Chrono Trigger, Tobal No.1, Xenogears, and more.
There's still no word on a European release but hopefully Rising Star Games can do something about that.