Sniper Elite Remade for Wii

Posted by

A new old game

World War II sniping simulation Sniper Elite is to be brought to the Wii by UK publisher Reef Entertainment.

Set in Berlin 1945, players take the role of an American OSS agent on a mission to seek out German nuclear technology and shoot Nazis in the neck.

The game was released back in 2005 on PS2, XBOX and PC and was generally well received by the gaming media and players alike. Reef Entertainment will bring an update of the original title with new levels and additional features.

The game is currently locked and loaded for a scheduled release in Q2 2010.

[via gamasutra.com]

bro2dragons

bro2dragons said:

this could be fun. looking forward to it. seems like 2010 is shaping up to be Year of the Wii.

VegimightSamich

VegimightSamich said:

thats cool I remeber seeing a review for this a loooong time ago. the headshot are brutal as all hell. Put in some online for this game and its a day one buy for me.

ECM

ECM said:

Speaking of old games showing up on Wii, what happened to the announced, Enclave, port?

Roopa132

Roopa132 said:

I played the PC demo a while ago and I liked it.
Probably will be censored in Germany like the original.
They got rid of the whole slomo-bulletflight-camera which was the best part of the game :(

VegimightSamich

VegimightSamich said:

Ive been watching some youtube vids of this game and it turns out the original had online, hope its transfers to the Wii good.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

I enjoyed the heck out of this game way back in the days of XBOX. A Wii port sounds really cool. Hopefully they will fix all the bugs in the game, its was quite buggy even back then, by now days standards, a simple port wouldnt net this game over a 3/10.

paulcmnt

paulcmnt said:

Good thing I have a good PC. (And lucky Nintendo for having good franchises.)

Machu

Machu said:

I played this on PC time ago, and it was ergh... ok. The addition of new levels/features may tempt me, we shall see.

KrazyKain

KrazyKain said:

Loved it on PC when i had the demo.. if done right, i'll buy it. hope its not just a lazy port tho.. but Reef entertainment did get rogue trooper right.. so i have decent hopes

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

This was a flawed, but interesting game. Taking a slightly more realistic approach to making a shot was pretty novel.

Ravage

Ravage said:

It's not another WWII shooter. It's not a very fast paced game, but it does have it's moments.

Ren

Ren said:

Wow, that sounds like a cool theme. Never played the original but sniping is maybe the funnest part of FPS games for me anyway. Hope to see some Screens.

Vinsanity

Vinsanity said:

Oh cool - I'm actually looking forward to this. Like Rogue Trooper, this was an Xbox game that interested me, but I ended up passing up. Good games are good games, and while they're not as good as from-the-ground-up Wii titles, they'll more than do. The Motion control really makes these shooters a new experience. I hope someone brings it to the US eventually, like how Graffitti picked up Rogue Trooper.

Also, when original Wii games seem to sell so horribly, I suppose this is the best we can hope for:(

bro2dragons

bro2dragons said:

@Storm Owl: SMG 2, LoZ Wii 2, Red Steel 2, NMH 2, Endless Ocean 2, Sin and Punishment 2, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2, Metroid: Other M, Sniper Elite, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Fragile Dreams, Monster Hunter Tri, Monado, Arc Rise Fantasia, Epic Mickey, HAWX, Megaman 10, Sonic 4, Rage of the Gladiator, Cave Story, Pearl Harbor, Bit. Trip RUNNER, La Mulana, Night Sky, Super Meat Boy, And Yet It Moves, Toribash, Frobot, Worms: Battle Islands.... hard to argue with the facts.

Sephariel

Sephariel said:

wow nice to hear great game and the sniping with Wiimote will be hard as hell :D cant w8 to snipe some nazis

AVahne

AVahne said:

wow another remade game, they better add something new besides controls, or update the graphics at least a bit, because theres not much that they can do in remaking a game