Ogle These New Sakura Wars: So Long My Love Screens

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Japanese hit reaching the West for the first time

It only took until the fifth game in the series, but Sakura Wars is finally making its way outside of Japan. And we've got the screenshots to prove it!

Part dating sim, part fighting game, Sakura Wars has enjoyed massive success in Japan, spawning tons of manga, anime and, of all things, a musical.

Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love hits Europe and North America in March 2010 for Wii and PS2. We've got a bundle of new screens to stare at in the meantime in the gallery below.

dbolt

dbolt said:

according to this article only the ps2 version will have the bonus disc.

The PlayStation 2 release will be a premium version with a special art book, poster, a collector's box cover, and will feature two dual layered discs with options for English and Japanese voices. It will retail for $39.99 and be limited to the initial shipment. If any future shipments occur, they will be a regular packaged versions without the bonuses and only featuring an English voice track.

The Wii version include a single layer disc featuring only English voices. It will also lack the bonuses found in the PlayStation 2 release, but be priced lower at only $29.99. This means if you want Japanese voices, you had better pick up the initial release of the PlayStation 2 version.

Link

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I thought the series was a Strategy game? Either way, I'll definitely rent it, just for kicks.:D

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

ba ba ba ba ba ba baaaaad month do they realise this title is going to get smacked around by other major releases coming that month..... well ...... DO THEY O.o

Objection

Objection said:

I've been hearing of this for a while, hope its as good as it sounds. Unless the dub is bad, its not a big deal for me to have the Japanese voice track as well, so I'll prolly get the Wii version if anything.

Adamant

Adamant said:

"The Wii version include a single layer disc featuring only English voices. "

Ew.
puts PS2 version on to buy-list

@Objection_Blaster: Tell me a video game that doesn't start with "Metal Gear" that had a good dub.

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

I highly doubt this one will succeed here. Most people will shrug and move along.

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

i can't wait the series been around for so long yet this is the first real N/A release

motang

motang said:

@WolfRamHeart Actually I heard the PS2 version was going to come with English and Japanese discs but will be $10 more than the Wii version which will be only the English disc.

KarlThomson

KarlThomson said:

@dbolt: Ta for that. Its stupid that the PS2 version is superior when they should both come with Japanese and English voice tracks.

Back on the topic of the announcement. Anything classified as part dating sim/part fighting game gets my attention.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Not sure which version I will be buying yet but I am definitely looking forward to this game.