Here Are Those Mario & Sonic Dream Events You Ordered

Posted by Damien McFerran

First look at the special events of Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Winter Games

Sega Europe has released a trailer that details the "Dream Events" featured in the forthcoming Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Winter Games.

As fans of the original game will tell you, these events are a little bit on the zany side, and as a result they're often more fun than the more "normal" gameplay modes.

Feast your eyes on the trailer below - we apologise in advance for the rather irritating footage of paid actors apparently "playing" and "enjoying" the game. I guess when there's a worldwide recession on, even out-of-work models have got to eat.

You can check out the other Mario & Sonic trailers by visiting Sega Europe's rather spiffing YouTube page.

opeter

opeter said:

Yeah, those actors are really irritating. I do never do such face-emotions whenever I play games. And I don't have my mouth open. Not like them.

Anyway, the game seems to be fine.

KoKoO_Psy

KoKoO_Psy said:

I think it is cool of them using locations from both series, like Radical Highway, and Mario Circuit, but it looks as if they are just reusing stock. Still, seeing radical highway brings back fond memories.

JimLad

JimLad said:

Oh wow, Metal Sonic with a hockey stick, is there anything cooler than that.

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

Mind is blown? I'm not sure what to say. While those features are cool, they're in a game that I don't want. That's the biggest problem.

KeroKero_Cola

KeroKero_Cola said:

I like how they are pretending to be having fun, so much fun in fact. I'm sorry, I hate to dog on a game that I have yet to play, but I just remember how awful (in my opinion) the first one was. I don't have high hopes for this one either, judging by what I've seen.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Actually this looks like fun. I’ve played the first game at a friend and after a few games, my arms fell off and I didn’t like it that there was no skill involved apart from moving your arms as fast as possible. This actually looks like Mario Kart in a lot of ways, which is a good thing. I hope it is not mandatory to use the Balance Board.

James

James said:

I loved the first game and I'm dying to play this one. Metal Sonic vs. Bowser in a snowball fight? Hell yeah!

Hurry up, October 16th!

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

Looks a bit better than the first game, but it's likely that it will have the same poorly thought out controls and cheap cash-in feel. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

By the way, take a gander at the crowd in this screenshot. They're not only 2D sprites (which is expected), but they continually face the camera, which looks rather ridiculous when the camera is filming from above and behind the stands as it is in this shot. Oh well.

Machu

Machu said:

Love the look of those games, yet I want to punch every single person squatting unnecessarily in that trailer, aaagh! I'll still be buying it, but no-need!

Note to Nintendo.. more awesome gameplay, less people.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

I think the first game is pretty good.

Dodgeball-style snowball fights with powerups are awesome!

I'll probably eventually get this, but not until after I get some other games on my list.

OrionLee

OrionLee said:

BOW...SER...JR!!!!
Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!!!!
cannot wait for this game (Note to self: need more remotes and nunchuks!)

Yasume

Yasume said:

This doesn't look good at all! The only good thing is that they are reusing some stages.

IAmNotWill

IAmNotWill said:

Doesn't look that fun to be honest. The people in the trailer looked like they have never seen or played a video game before.

Zenman

Zenman said:

those gamers were a little too excited... and on another note...
Metal Sonic AND Silver?! floats away

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

One of my most anticipated games. ONM have reviewed this already. The Wii version got a 90% and the DS version 91% I'm getting both as both.

The first one was outstanding imho and the next one sounds the even moreso. Fracking bring it on.