Fast Draw Showdown Coming to WiiWare

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Digital Leisure brings a classic arcade shooter to WiiWare.

Digital Leisure has just announced that they'll be bringing the classic arcade shooter Fast Draw Showdown to the WiiWare service later this year.

What will mark the first full-motion video release for the service, the game promises to feature plenty of arcade shooting fun to the WiiWare service for fans to enjoy.

You can check out the official game description below, along with the first batch of screenshots showing the game in action.

When it comes to fast draw there’re only two types of people: the quick…and the dead! Now you have the chance to find out where you stand, or lie, as the case may be. You’ll go up against the best quick draws in the business, including one of the world’s fastest, Wes Flowers.

Unholster your Wii Remote and show’em who the fastest draw really is, in this live action shooter! You can even take on a friend in multiplayer modes, and see which of you has the quickest draw.

You’ll need some serious speed and awesome accuracy to take on these gunslingers…so get ready for some real fast draw action!

We'll have more information on the game as it becomes available, as well as a full review when the game hits the WiiWare service later this year.

said:

Reminds me of that wild west guns wiiware game.

Stevie

Stevie said:

Can someone please bring Point Blank to the Wii in some form or other, I would be eternally grateful...

Devastator

Devastator said:

Nintendo should have Rockstar release the first Red Dead Revolver on the Wii. It was a great game on the ps2, and they could make the graphics better. The multiplayer games were great in it.

Nanaki

Nanaki said:

This reminds me of a game my old man played in an arcade when I was a little kid. This could be quite amusing...

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

I love FMV shooters. Reminds me of the light gun games in the arcade that I love. But those were on rail shooters and I'm afraid that just Quick Draw isn't enough. And I have serious doubts about FMV on WiiWare. It's only 40 MB.

Omega

Omega said:

I wonder which company is the bigger Shovelware producer: Digital Leisure or Gameloft?

cheese

cheese said:

I second the motion to bring point blank to the Wii. It's a perfect fit for the console and I don't realise why it hasn't been done yet.

siavm

siavm said:

This reminds me of that awful game released on wii retail. And since this is from a not so great developer, I really no hope for this game.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

@Sean (and everyone) I bought Mad Dog McCree Gunslinger Pack Wii recently that was extremely similar to what this seems to be. It was one of those live action shooters that used to grace the arcades bac in the day. In those days they were frustrating but fun because the tech seemed state of the art.

The Gunslinger pack Wii game though is AWFUL!

The shooting-live action sprite response was horrendous when I played it. The cut-scenes being replayed over and over again when you had to replay the same stages were irritating and very tacky.

I sold it on e-bay, surprisingly, for a profit

Hopefully this is a big improvement on that.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I remember Mad Dog McCree and other laserdisc games in the arcade; never saw the appeal in any of them.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

I don't think people should be fooled or over-awed at the thought of "real life actors" responding to their wii remote actions. Its not fun when it came to the retail game. I can tell you that from first hand experience (I'm sorry to say!)

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

@Stevie. I would be eternally grateful as well, especially if they release Time Crisis alongside it. :)

This reminds me Lethal Enforcers.