Nintendo World Store Brawling All July

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Virtually beat up strangers every Thursday in New York.

The user-generated bits of Super Smash Bros. Brawl may be getting a big nothankyou.jpeg from Nintendo's servers now, but the fighting never stops.

If you're looking for some fresh competition and happen to be in the New York area at some point this month, well, you're in luck! From 2 to 5 p.m. every Thursday in July (first event tomorrow), the Nintendo World Store will be hosting Brawl battles for the public.

If you prefer the GameCube or Classic controllers for your bashing, you'll unfortunately have to bring your own, which seems like an odd oversight in a store for Nintendo products.

There'll also be trivia contests that, while they won't land you any sweet apparel, could possibly fatten that Wii Points account of yours.

[via nintendoworldstore.com]

Modern_Legend

Modern_Legend said:

hmmmm...cool, im going to new york for the second half of the month! Dunno if my parents will go out of their way to take me there tho

Machu

Machu said:

Gutted! That sounds fun! Went to a tourney in a game shop when Brawl got released (1st prize massive entertainment centre), and yeah, you had to take your own controller (Wavebird baby yeah). Was great until i got knocked out in the semi's the ******, they ganged up on me i tells ya.
It still hurts, I could have won that!! :(

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

What do you mean by nothankyou.jpeg? Do they actually send you a picture like that back? Sounds funny. (And yes I know they stopped taking user generated content.)

Buster13

Buster13 said:

Coincidental, I'll be in New York all next week. Well, the state, anyway, not the city. So close, but yet so far, hm?

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

competing for Wii Points would so be worth while, I never got the chance to enter the Brawl tourney in Australia, though I've been in 2 Pokemon tourneys. Luckily for me there were people older than me competing ;)

Kawaiipikachu

Kawaiipikachu said:

Huh no Classic Controller ?
At least the brawl tourney was the opposite allowing both classic & gamecube .