Glimmer Of Hope For Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom?

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Capcom rep says news might come in "a couple weeks."

Japan-exclusive Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom may be 13 companies away from at least a US release, but goshdarnit if Capcom aren't trying.

IGN got a word in with Christian Svensson, Capcom's vice president of strategic planning and business development, about the possibility of a state-side release and, well, didn't exactly get a "nope."

Said Svensson:

I've got nothing to report right now -- might have an update in a couple weeks.

You know what's in a couple weeks? E3. Just sayin'.

[via wii.ign.com]

Caliko

Caliko said:

Am I the only one who thinks the Tatsunoko characters look Insanely Awesome??

DamoAdmin

Damo said:

I hope they can keep all of the original characters.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

I'd expect that would be too much to hope for Damo. I'm thinking it will be re-titled as something like "Capcom Fighting Evolution 2 guest starring Tatsunoko" rather than being a true crossover title.

evilralfwiggum

evilralfwiggum said:

The Wii needs more great fighters like this.
It'll be one of the only Wii disc games I own if it does get a US release.

Objection

Objection said:

Its kind of like the situation on Jump Superstars for the DS, since this company owns Naruto and that company owns DBZ, etc. I hope they work this one out.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Tatsunoku is a company in Japan behind a bunch of reasonably successful animes.

I certainly hope it makes it over here!

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

Well I suppose Capcom has got to have something they can announce at E3.

Also I love how Capcom completely ignore Europe who probably have far less liscensing issues due to having less anime in general.

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

I couldn't care less about Tatsunoko or anime in general, but I do love fighters so let's hope it gets here.

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

Don't care when or how it gets here. As long as Yatterman and Doronjo are in, i'll be happy.

Popyman

Popyman said:

Capcom is really trying, that's pretty cool of them. If it wasn't for what they did to Clover, they'd be my favorite game developers...

Anyway, I hope this game makes it. I MUST buy it just for the Clover goodness inside.

accc

accc said:

I don't even like fighters or anime that much but I still want this game SO badly

BlueFlameBat

BlueFlameBat said:

Why don't they just replace the Tatsunoko characters with Nintendo ones and be done with it? They could call it Mario Vs Capcom.

y2josh

y2josh said:

I heard rumors they were going to turn this into Marvel Vs Capcom 3... either way I'm fine with it if it comes to the states/Europe :D

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

I could care less about Tatsunoko, but I love Capcom's fighters, and good Wii games are always welcome, so I definitely hope this gets localized! :)

Next we'll try to convince Nintendo to localize Captain Rainbow! :D

BlueFlameBat

BlueFlameBat said:

Jerichoholic Josh, everything reported to anyone outside of Capcom and/or Marvel about Marvel vs Capcom 3 is a rumor, and completely unfounded. If the data from this game ends up being used for MvC3, rest assured it will be a sheer coincidence.

Draine_Eclipse

Draine_Eclipse said:

I'm so looking forward to using Megaman Trigger's Megabuster in battle; it has been quite a few years since his last appearance, which of course was in a different fighting game (Namco X Capcom). Too bad he hasn't had his own game in nearly 10 years...

Jave

Jave said:

You know, if this gets localized (and it hope it does), it'll be hilarious that every time you run the game, you have to sit through at least 15 screens of companies before the title screen comes along.

y2josh

y2josh said:

@25, well like I said it was a rumor, but marvel vs capcom 2 is coming out for the ps3 and xbla soon and i cant wait :)

Cthuloops

Cthuloops said:

Maybe if we get this, then more animes/mangas will enter NA/EU. Who knows. This still hasn't been confirmed so I wouldn't hold your breath.
It doesn't hurt to hope though. ;)