Exclusive New A Boy and His Blob Screenshots

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Exclusive new screens of WayForward's upcoming Wii title in action!

Well just when we decided to run the batch of A Boy and His Blob screens that were used in the WayForward interview we did, Sean Velasco, Designer/Director at WayForward, sent Nintendo Life over a brand new batch of 10 exclusive screenshots of the game in action for everyone to enjoy.

You can take a look at these brand new screenshots below and we'll have more information on the game as it becomes available, as well as a full review when the game is released later this year.

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Man this game is looking really good. I loved the NES original and this looks set to bring it bang up to date. Consider this a day 1 purchase from me.

paulcmnt

paulcmnt said:

I just love these stylish 2D platformers. I really hope the game will get here as well.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Is that the actual cover art for the game? I really hope so! Its so simple but also very beautiful! Gorgeous screenshots as well! I can't wait to see more! This game looks like another winner from WayForward! Hmm, I wouldn't be surprised if this game ends up becoming the Wii Game of the Year!:)

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Sean says that the cover art is almost surely final barring some unforeseen change. I just tweaked it and put the Wii logo, ESRB rating, and Majesco logo on the cover art Sean sent me. :)

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Corbs - are you sure you didn't also write the game title in MS paint too? hehe

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

Snazzy, looking forward to hearing more about this one, as long as it's released in the UK near the same time as in America, unlike LIT was from the same devs :)

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

@Wiiloveit - It'll be the publisher, Majesco who decide when Europe gets it. I think it would be a smart move to go for something close to a worldwide release. Lets hope they do so I don't have to import this! hehe

Esposch

Esposch said:

I wish this was a DS title. It would suit the handheld so much more. Or maybe I just love my DS. :)

Clint_Eastwood

Clint_Eastwood said:

It's a beautiful game. And Wayforwad is a great developer. Contra 4 is a favourite of mine.

But I have to say it: After watching the gameplay videos, it doesn't look like the kind of platformer I'd like. Too slow, too puzzley. And too much like the original. A game that I hated playing.

NinjaTendo

NinjaTendo said:

Wow, this game looks amazing. I loved the original for NES and the improvements in this re-imagining are going to significantly improve upon the original formula.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

It does look very nice; looking forward to this. Do we have a release date yet? Hopefully Majesco won't go with Eidos since they seem to have handled the release of BlastWorks less than ideally...

Mizore

Mizore said:

I might look into this game, never did play the NES game...is it like Wario Land or something? (Puzzle/Platform)