Exclusive New A Boy and His Blob Screenshots

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Exclusive new screens of WayForward's upcoming Wii title in action!

Well just when we decided to run the batch of A Boy and His Blob screens that were used in the WayForward interview we did, Sean Velasco, Designer/Director at WayForward, sent Nintendo Life over a brand new batch of 10 exclusive screenshots of the game in action for everyone to enjoy.

You can take a look at these brand new screenshots below and we'll have more information on the game as it becomes available, as well as a full review when the game is released later this year.

From the web

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Man this game is looking really good. I loved the NES original and this looks set to bring it bang up to date. Consider this a day 1 purchase from me.

paulcmnt

paulcmnt said:

I just love these stylish 2D platformers. I really hope the game will get here as well.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Is that the actual cover art for the game? I really hope so! Its so simple but also very beautiful! Gorgeous screenshots as well! I can't wait to see more! This game looks like another winner from WayForward! Hmm, I wouldn't be surprised if this game ends up becoming the Wii Game of the Year!

CorbsStaff

Corbs said:

Sean says that the cover art is almost surely final barring some unforeseen change. I just tweaked it and put the Wii logo, ESRB rating, and Majesco logo on the cover art Sean sent me.

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Corbs - are you sure you didn't also write the game title in MS paint too? hehe

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

Snazzy, looking forward to hearing more about this one, as long as it's released in the UK near the same time as in America, unlike LIT was from the same devs

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

@Wiiloveit - It'll be the publisher, Majesco who decide when Europe gets it. I think it would be a smart move to go for something close to a worldwide release. Lets hope they do so I don't have to import this! hehe

Esposch

Esposch said:

I wish this was a DS title. It would suit the handheld so much more. Or maybe I just love my DS.

Clint_Eastwood

Clint_Eastwood said:

It's a beautiful game. And Wayforwad is a great developer. Contra 4 is a favourite of mine.

But I have to say it: After watching the gameplay videos, it doesn't look like the kind of platformer I'd like. Too slow, too puzzley. And too much like the original. A game that I hated playing.

NinjaTendo

NinjaTendo said:

Wow, this game looks amazing. I loved the original for NES and the improvements in this re-imagining are going to significantly improve upon the original formula.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

It does look very nice; looking forward to this. Do we have a release date yet? Hopefully Majesco won't go with Eidos since they seem to have handled the release of BlastWorks less than ideally...

Megumi

Megumi said:

I might look into this game, never did play the NES game...is it like Wario Land or something? (Puzzle/Platform)