Commander Video Confirmed For Super Meat Boy

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Joins Tim from Braid in the butcher-friendly game

TWG News has a hilarious interview up with Alex Neuse, designer at Bit.Trip factory Gaijin Games, and Edmund McMillen, busy developing Super Meat Boy, in which the dynamic duo talk about Bit.Trip Beat's punishing difficulty and some of the tricks up Super Meat Boy's disgusting sleeve.

[sic]:

TWG News - Are the Characters based of other games?

Edmund McMillen - Most are from other indie games, yes. At least 12-14 are from other indie games. I have already announced Tim from Braid. And I think... yes... yes I’m going to do it. I’m going to announce that Commander Video WILL BE PLAYABLE IN SUPER MEAT BOY FOR WIIWARE!!!!

Alex Neuse - THE FOLKS REJOICED!

Hells. Yeah. Not only will Commander Video make an appearance, but the game will also feature a level reminiscent of the Bit.Trip series. Your eyes will never forgive you.

Check out the interview for more Bit.Trip Meat goodness, and ask yourself, what are the other indie game characters in the game? Goo blobs? Perhaps some Toki Tori action?

[via twgnews.com]

Related Games

Objection

Objection said:

Very nice. I'm definately gonna have to get this one. Is it planned for this summer?

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Oh one Xbox 360 is a US model the other is a Japanese model for my shooters. I just got in the Meat Boy plush the other day.

JonWahlgrenAdmin

JonWahlgren said:

Oh, I thought the one laying down red-ringed on you and you kept it's corpse next to the new one as a warning.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

LOL...no, but that US model is my third console. I've had to have two of them replaced because of the RROD. :)

JonWahlgrenAdmin

JonWahlgren said:

That sucks. I'm on my first 360 model, bless it's heart and knock on wood. The only console I've had problems with actually is my Wii, which I guess had it's GPU crap out on me and made everything look like pixel puke. Post-warranty, of course.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

No, those are just the Wii games I keep next to the system, the ones I play most often or the newer ones. You can see the other shelf above the right end. I have about 30 games I believe.

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

Perhaps Strong bad will be in the game? I can't think of many indie characters, but I'll probably recognise some of them.

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

i'm on my first ps3 model because they don't break! :)

if only we had even 1/3 of what the xbox live arcade has....I admit we have some cool exclusives, but you guys get all the shoot-em-ups. At least we got R-Type delta!

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

I love how much effort and fun seems to be invested in the making of this game. I have a good feeling about it because of this.

Jogurt_the_Yogurt

Jogurt_the_Yogurt said:

If Toki Tori gets in this game, I will buy it instantly. If not, I will buy it after a few seconds of hesitation.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

@Corbie. Found another excuse to show off your living room I see! ;)

If Toki or the ninja guy from N+ doesn't make it into this game, there will be hell to pay.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

You know me. But in truth, I snapped that pic yesterday for the blog and didn't get around to cropping it so I just tossed it up as is. I wanted to focus more on Meat Boy, but oh well. Oh and it's my game room. My better half wouldn't allow all this crap in the living room. :P

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I know. I need to get Alex to make me up one. He'd look perfect right next to Meat Boy and Stafy. :)

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

Strong Bad would be awesome to play as. As far as other Indie characters, what about that dude from Lost Winds? He's pretty indie.