No Madden NFL On DS This Year

Posted by Damien McFerran

EA's Gridiron franchise is Wii only for '10

EA has confirmed that its best-selling Madden NFL franchise will be skipping the DS for the 2010 edition.

Rumours started to circulate when EA revealed the cover artwork for Madden NFL 10 and the DS version was missing, but EA Sports' Senior PR Manager Rob Semsey has confirmed what DS-owning American Football fans had feared:

We set extremely high standards for quality at EA SPORTS and we are constantly striving to deliver the best sports experiences to our consumers. To ensure that we maintain the highest level of quality possible, we are currently evaluating our approach to the Madden NFL franchise on the DS. As such, we will not be releasing Madden NFL 10 on the DS platform. That said, we are excited to announce that Madden NFL 10 for the Wii has been completely redesigned and built from the ground up at our Tiburon studio in Orlando, Florida.

The last few versions of Madden NFL on the DS weren't terrible, but EA should be commended for holding back on the yearly update if it thinks the end product won't be up to scratch. The Wii version - which is going ahead as planned - is shaping up nicely.

[via nintendoworldreport.com]

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I had a feeling this might be the case when the box art didn't show up.

Pegasus

Pegasus said:

No big loss on my part. Tecmo Bowl has got me covered still. ;) That aside, I'm interested in seeing how Blood Bowl for the DS will turn out.

Pegasus

Pegasus said:

I only really picked it up because I got it for cheap. It's a fun arcade-style game - I have no interest in "real" American football games. Probably not worth full retail price, though.

jones2929

jones2929 said:

Tecmo is a lot of fun, a great throwback to the old game. And you can it at Best Buy now for $9.99, which is totally worth it.

I thought Madden for DS was only so-so.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Well considering the new Wii version looks like utter crap, don't really care. Plus no NCAA for Wii after they half-***ed the 09 version. Seriously, I can't tell if EA cares about the Wii or not.

Madden NFL 10 clearly leans toward NOT caring.