Beyond a shadow of a doubt, Punch-Out!! is the next big title from Nintendo. With its May release date fast approaching, new details are starting to emerge. With that, our friends at Nintendo Pad have compiled a list of noteworthy data that may appeal to you.
- 13 boxers to beat.
- Boxers include: Glass Joe, Von Kaiser, Disco Kid, King Hippo, Bear Hugger, Don Flamenco.
- Motion controls or classic control, and Balance Board compatible.
- Head 2 head multi-player (Little Mac only).
- Giga Mac in multi-player.
- Giga Mac is activated through a “Giga” gauge next to your health bar, dodge and land punches to fill it.
- Back story animations provide more information about the fighters.
- Occasionally you will be rewarded a special animation with the last blow to your opponent resulting in a flashy finish.
- Four modes: Career Mode, Exhibition Mode, Practice Mode, and Tutorial Mode.
- Three challenges per boxer which if exacuted will reward you with unlockables
- There will be a holographic boxer to practice on that never dies, which is there to learn patterns
- Minor, Major, and World ranking organizations to compete in
- A lot of unlockables including characters, ring environments, victory animations and music, among others
- Will engage in training sessions
- In Punch-Out!! when you are about to be knocked out occassionally the final punch will not knock you off your feet and you will be able to make a “come back”. This come back will also get the crowd on your side and is an additional gameplay element that may be small but will come in handy.
- By completing a circuit, it changes Little Mac’s outfit (green, to blue, to etc…).
- Use all three stars at once for a triple star spinning uppercut.
- Ring size/venue changes from circuit to circuit.
- Little Mac wears a helmet in the training session.
- There will be specific challenges in Exhibition mode.
- Camera zooms in as you beat up your opponent.
- Pressing the minus button between rounds will regain health. This is allowed once per fight, you’ll see a visual confirmation of the button press when Doc Louis eats a chocolate bar.
- Lose 100 times and earn the training helmet to make you invincible.
- You can also tap 1 and 2 to regain health after being knocked down.
- Depleted heart meter means you can’t punch.
- Special mode unlocked after you beat the game.
Von Kaiser challenges:
- Win the fight and land every punch thrown.
- TKO Von Kaiser in under a minute.
- KO Von Kaiser with only 5 punches.
Glass Joe challenges:
- Knock him down three times, but let him win by decision.
- Find the one-punch knockout.
- Win a fight without dodging/blocking/ducking
Besides all this, Toys R Us has released some new details regarding the game, including the Title Defense Mode.
One of the biggest names in boxing returns after a fifteen year hiatus. Grab your Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers and step back into the ring with Punch-Out!! for the Wii console. Little Mac is back! The ultimate underdog and the best of the Punch-Out!! cast come to life in a modern re-imagination of the series. Glass Joe, King Hippo, trainer Doc Louis and your favorite cast of boxing misfits return for another round of title bouts. See the these boxers come to life in glorious cell-shaded 3-D, complete with hilariously fighting animations and back stories that capture all the fun and flair of the original Punch-Out!! Games. Are you up to the challenge of their new attacks and strategies?
Power Little Mac through match after match of motion-controlled upper cuts, body blows and hooks. Throw your punches to help him throw his. The motion-sensing Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers turn your real-life swings into on-screen punches, making this Punch-Out!! game one anyone can play. Optional functionality with the Wii Balance Board accessory (sold with Wii Fit) adds in active play dodging and ducking.
The game can also be played with classic NES-style controls, offering both newcomers and purists multiple ways to play. All new modes, including first-ever Head-to-Head fighting in the Punch-Out!! series and a challenging new Title Defense mode.
An all new multiplayer mode lets you box head-to-head against a friend for the first time ever in the Punch-Out!! Series. And, once players guide Little Mac to the championship in the single player game, they must defend the title in challenge matches against Mac’s fallen foes, who return to the ring with all new tactics, having learned from their defeats.