WiiWare Footage - Pokemon Ranch, Star Soldier R, Final Fantasy

Posted by Darren Calvert

During our travels we've discovered this fantastic promotional video for the upcoming WiiWare games due on the 25th March on the Japanese Wii.

This video contains 59 seconds of WiiWare-related goodness in which you will glimpse such wonders as Dr Mario, Pokemon Ranch, Star Soldier R, Lonpos and Final Fantasy: CC - all of which look pretty good, if you ask us.

Feast your eyes and then let us know what you think by leaving a lovely comment below.

Kelvin

Kelvin said:

Looks pretty good. I hope we see these games in Europe instead of crap like that eating game.

Chester

Chester said:

I'll probably end up with just Dr. Mario, and maybe Star Soldier R... But most of the games looks very nice, besides the one with table-tennis.

JD1

JD1 said:

The FF game looks great but It looks like it doesn't need the FF name on it, Just put on there to sell more copies.

Jogurt_the_Yogurt

Jogurt_the_Yogurt said:

Of course it doesn't need the FF name on it. Square's always done that to sell games (FF Mystic Quest, slapping the FF name on games in the Mana and SaGa series, etc.). Besides that, it just doesn't look that interesting.

The only one on that vid that looks like it would keep me and my family entertained for any length of time is Dr. Mario. Then it's a wait and see what games come out that aren't about eating or poking stuff.

Kelvin

Kelvin said:

Chester, I don't know, the pingpong game looks quite fun. If the controls are decent, I might pick it up.

Kawaiipikachu

Kawaiipikachu said:

Final Fantasy & Pokémon for me but that cutesie ping pong game looks boring to me .
I have great hope for WiiWare (Wii Software in pal land)

Pj1

Pj1 said:

Wii-Ware is OK as long as it doesn't kill off the VC!!

Splutter

Splutter said:

Is it just me or does the voice that says wii ware sound Scottish? Wiiware should be a very cool thing, you just have to look at some of the X-box and PS3 downloadable stuff and realise it's a place people can take risks.

Objection

Objection said:

Dr. Mario- 1000 might be too expensive, especially since there are so many sources to play it.
Pokemon- Complete waste. You can't battle...whats the point of just looking at them in N64 graphics? The Ranch part seems very shallow.
R Soldier- Looks very good
Lost Wind- Looks very good
FFCC- Mixed thoughts right now, since it'll take up a lotta space and is 1500 pts.

ChocoDK

ChocoDK said:

Alright well Dr. Mario I own on the NES so no thanks. The solitare game I can play that on my computer. The Table Tennis well I got that on Wii Play. As for the Final Fantasy game well I might pick that one up and for the Pokemon game it looks like a maybe.