- Release Date
- 13th Oct 2003 (USA)
- 27th Feb 2004 (UK/EU)
- 11th Aug 2003 (JPN)
About This Game
Kirby arrives on Nintendo GameCube at warp speed in his first-ever racing game. Based on the same principles as games like Super Smash Brothers and past Kirby titles, Kirby Air Ride offers an entirely new approach to the racing genre. The simple controls that define all Kirby games give Kirby Air Ride instant playability no matter how skilled the players may be.
- Break and slide around corners with a unique "push" action. "Charge-up" as you slide, then release for break-neck acceleration!
- Kirby wouldn't be Kirby without stealing enemy abilities and using them to his advantage. Copy enemy abilities with a single button.
- Three distinct play modes push the racing genre in new directions. The Air Ride and Top Ride modes offer 3-D and 2-D racing, respectively, while the City Trial mode takes the battle action from the Air Ride mode and turns it into a race for power-ups before launching players into full-on tournament battle.
- Establish your racing dominance and win races by mastering corner slides and gliding through the air with no acceleration button.
- Race different types of warpstar vehicles, each with different racing properties.