Wii U Virtual Console Forum

Topic: nintendo should charge more for vc games that are rare ("rare downloads")

Showing 81 to 100 of 316

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

81. Posted:

@KingBoo01 that and making a "mysterious hack" eliminate all the W101 from WiiU and Eshop accounts and make users pay a $15,000 fee to recover the save data along with the game! :D

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingBoo01

82. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

@KingBoo01 that and making a "mysterious hack" eliminate all the W101 from WiiU and Eshop accounts and make users pay a $15,000 fee to recover the save data along with the game! :D

Yay! Great idea!
http://cheezburger.com/7710198272

clash of clans; faded witches 2
Currently own: Gamecube,Wii,Wii U,PSONE,PS2,PS3,Game & Watch Ball,Gameboy,Gameboy Micro,White DS Lite,DSI,Mario edition DSI XL,3DS, NOOK Tablet,Xbox 360,HP Laptop(excellently plays Steam games),Nook HD,iPad Air,iPhone 4s,PSP 3000,Sony Vaio, and Desktop Dell PC.

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3284-5329 | Nintendo Network ID: Piplup22301

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingBoo01

83. Posted:

Dang it, I tried copy/ paste that GIF, and it didn't work.:(

clash of clans; faded witches 2
Currently own: Gamecube,Wii,Wii U,PSONE,PS2,PS3,Game & Watch Ball,Gameboy,Gameboy Micro,White DS Lite,DSI,Mario edition DSI XL,3DS, NOOK Tablet,Xbox 360,HP Laptop(excellently plays Steam games),Nook HD,iPad Air,iPhone 4s,PSP 3000,Sony Vaio, and Desktop Dell PC.

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3284-5329 | Nintendo Network ID: Piplup22301

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingDunsparce

84. Posted:

KingBoo01 wrote:

Dang it, I tried copy/ paste that GIF, and it didn't work.:(

For future reference, if you want to post any image, get the direct image URL (it should end in .jpg, .png, .gif ect...). Then do [ img ] Image URL here [ /img] without the spaces.

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingBoo01

85. Posted:

CaptainCharlie wrote:

KingBoo01 wrote:

Dang it, I tried copy/ paste that GIF, and it didn't work.:(

For future reference, if you want to post any image, get the direct image URL (it should end in .jpg, .png, .gif ect...). Then do [ img ] Image URL here [ /img] without the spaces.

Thank you very much!

clash of clans; faded witches 2
Currently own: Gamecube,Wii,Wii U,PSONE,PS2,PS3,Game & Watch Ball,Gameboy,Gameboy Micro,White DS Lite,DSI,Mario edition DSI XL,3DS, NOOK Tablet,Xbox 360,HP Laptop(excellently plays Steam games),Nook HD,iPad Air,iPhone 4s,PSP 3000,Sony Vaio, and Desktop Dell PC.

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3284-5329 | Nintendo Network ID: Piplup22301

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blue_Yoshi

86. Posted:

Wouldn't work simply because charging extra for a game that's already hard enough to find as it is would simply encourage the ever so common emulation piracy. I mean why would you personally want to pay more for a rare game when you could have it for less ultimately? There doing US a favor for bringing a rare game to the VC and leaving it the normal price(most of the time)

Nintendo will never die!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkEdi

87. Posted:

Nintendo could re-lauch Commodore games, DKC trilogy and Irem games in Wii U at $100 because they were quit in Wii VC and now they are rare gems.

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

88. Posted:

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingMike

89. Posted:

DarkEdi wrote:

Nintendo could re-lauch Commodore games, DKC trilogy and Irem games in Wii U at $100 because they were quit in Wii VC and now they are rare gems.

But the DKC trilogy is very common in physical form, R-Type III and the TurboGrafx games (especially Legend of Hero Tonma) not so much.

KingMike

AuthorMessage
Avatar

arrmixer

90. Posted:

Well I'm all for paying a premium for a download if the game itself is too expensive/rare

Edited on by arrmixer

proud Wii u Owner and
Fortunate to receive a 3ds XL from my other half
Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperMalleo

91. Posted:

There's people who cant afford a $160 copy of Earthbound.

Plumber extraordinaire at your service.
配管工の非凡なあなたのサービスで。
Rebooted YouTube Channel (Under Contruction) | Miiverse | deviantART | Hatena | The Malleogerry (Still needs some updating)

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

92. Posted:

Rockman_Chan wrote:

There's people who cant afford a $160 copy of Earthbound.

Too bad for them. Video games are a luxury anyway :P

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

93. Posted:

Rockman_Chan wrote:

There's people who cant afford a $160 copy of Earthbound.

Untitled
im trying to ski over here, please get out of the way

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SpookyMeths

94. Posted:

Another awesome idea:

Nintendo should charge an activation fee on all used consoles. It's not fair that I bought a Wii U at launch for $350 and someone can buy one used for $150-200 now. They should have to pay an additional $200 to access game and network content. Also, Iwata should fly to Canada and take me out for an expensive dinner, because I'm more elite than the plebeians who didn't buy a Wii U for full price on launch.

What, like full moons, silver bullets, and eyebrows that join in the middle?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

95. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

Rockman_Chan wrote:

There's people who cant afford a $160 copy of Earthbound.

Untitled
im trying to ski over here, please get out of the way

I can't quite make out what all that yellow is you are skiing on, is it the Starman Super on the label of all your Earthbound carts?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

96. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

Rockman_Chan wrote:

There's people who cant afford a $160 copy of Earthbound.

Untitled
im trying to ski over here, please get out of the way

I can't quite make out what all that yellow is you are skiing on, is it the Starman Super on the label of all your Earthbound carts?

close enough, but its actually all my ntsc gold nwc carts.
couldnt have done it without you, since you supplied half of them

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

97. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

Rockman_Chan wrote:

There's people who cant afford a $160 copy of Earthbound.

Untitled
im trying to ski over here, please get out of the way

I can't quite make out what all that yellow is you are skiing on, is it the Starman Super on the label of all your Earthbound carts?

close enough, but its actually all my ntsc gold nwc carts.
couldnt have done it without you, since you supplied half of them

You're welcome, it was worth the trade for the ntsc ncc cart.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

98. Posted:

I see ogo has som pull in Nintendo, since they tally used this idea to some effect for Earthbound. You think you could use your pull to get Demon's Crest on VC? Help a brother out, man.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

99. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
probably next year we will put demons crest on vc, until then, id like to see the ebay market prices shoot up tremendously.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FishieFish

100. Posted:

Then people would just emulate them for free, as simple as that!

"No one said you could touch."